Quiltalong - 2022

I MistressJennie offer Aunt Sukie’s Table Runner, for Aunt Donna for my small personal finish.

9 Likes

That table runner is so bright and cheerful, @MistressJennie!

I just finished 15 of these paper-pieced stars.

9 Likes

Stars upon stars upon stars. Lovely.

1 Like

Lovely!

1 Like

Thank you! The whole quilt top is stars. No small feat, finding five starry fabrics in the right colors that read as (mostly) solids.

1 Like

-I marionberries offer Oskar’s Quilt for my large personal finish.

I finished the first of last year’s BOM lap quilts. Now I am just waiting for Spring and some more time on the porch.

Full post 3 Season Oskar's Lap Quilt for Porch Sitting #1

14 Likes

That looks so cool!

1 Like

Your quilt looks really good! I like your binding choice!

2 Likes

I was a little late finishing my third I-Spy quilt, but I finished it earlier this month and was happy to send it on to my nephew :blush:.

10 Likes

So cute! How big do you make your i-spy quilts?
I really love the border fabric :heart_hands:

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:. The quilts have gotten progressively larger, with this being the largest of the three at 53” x 58”.

4 Likes

My Fifteen Stars quilt top is done! Here it is, draped over my couch.

14 Likes

You did manage to find a variety of star fabrics! Do you already have a backing chosen out?

1 Like

I’m actually doing a pieced back, with a panel at the center. I found a great panel/fabric combo that I couldn’t resist.

2 Likes

Ooh, I’m looking forward to seeing it!

1 Like

I tested out a giant star block today to use in the backing. I used scraps from my color wash quilt.

And, here’s the panel I’m using:

I also played around with the bitty scraps from making quilt binding. Postage stamp HSTs! :joy:

10 Likes

The panel is perfect for the backing. I really like the red border, it frames it nicely!

That star block is huge, 6 of those and you’d have a good sized quilt! Big blocks = fast quilts, maybe I should try some big blocks! I like the colors you used to make it.

And I love the little postage stamp star :relaxed:.

2 Likes

I love that scrappy, colorful HST block!

1 Like

I, tendstowardschaos submit this as my February BOM entry:

10 Likes

I also managed to make January’s BOM this evening.

8 Likes