Quiltalong - 2022

Remember, you can still get half credit if you do the block late now.

3 Likes

Hm. Did I know that? :thinking: Clearly I didn’t read the updated posts. Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

My daughter would wear nothing but pink when she was little. Would be mad all day if you made her wear any other color…well maybe purple/lavendar was acceptable. Now she has a closet full of ivory blouses and neutral pencil skirts. Silly successful woman.

2 Likes

My work wardrobe is all black, white and red these days. I work in the law field, the Cruella DeVil look suits me better than Legally Blonde! I like wearing red because it’s less boring than black and white, but looks fierce rather than cute.

My mum really loved the 80s/90s look with oversized sweaters, jeans and t-shirts in primary colours. We fought about that so much when I was little. I wanted dresses! I had short hair too, she didn’t allow me to grow it out. Wasn’t allowed to grow my hair until highschool. Now my mother feels I’m a bit too old for long hair and keeps asking me when I’ll get a modern, fresh, grown-up short hairstyle. Growing up? lol, never, probably.

2 Likes

Good to know! I hope to find time this weekend.

1 Like

I marionberries , offer a wine tote for January’s prompt

This little wine tote has a quilted inside, a sweet bunch of grapes, made from a lovingly wornout pair of my DW’s Levi jeans. Now we just need somewhere to go. Covid numbers are dropping again here in the Northeast, we may be safe in another month or two…at least for a while.

6 Likes

The month of love has arrived and brought with it a new prompt!

February Prompt
Be inspired by love:
We surround ourselves with the things we love and show our love by creating beautiful crafts for the people we love. Quilt something using a fabric or pattern you love, or quilt something for someone you love. Let your love guide you in the creation of something beautiful (lol, so cheesy, I know :laughing:).

8 Likes

I’ve been slightly under-the-weather today, so I just made a few blocks for my scrap quilt. Three are wonky log cabins, and one is based off a block I saw on Pinterest.

10 Likes

I love wonky!

2 Likes

Me, too! I was having so much fun, I had to sneak in another one. :joy:

4 Likes

I have some of that Star Wars comic style fabric. It’s a fave. Love the porgs and x-wing too!

2 Likes

My favourite is the starry night fabric!

2 Likes

That’s the exploding TARDIS Starry Night. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Such a great job! I am mid a few blocks and need to wind a bobbin yet I’m really working working like suppose to be paying attention in meetings lol the struggles as a crafter!

4 Likes

Even better! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I stitched together some crumb squares (originally cut for my economy quilt) into larger squares and made another wonky log cabin. This is what I have for my scrap quilt so far:

11 Likes

Ohh, the crumbs! Be still, my heart. I am in love.

2 Likes

Thanks! They are fun. :smile:

1 Like

Agreed! The crumbs are awesome!

2 Likes

OMG I love it! It reminds me of canvas art where one turns a painting drop cloth covered in years of paint into something else…just fiber/quilt rendition!

3 Likes