Quiltalong - 2022

I think it came out great! It’s funny, my favorite of the blocks is your least favorite. LOL Way to go you, for using admitting when a project isn’t working for you, and finding a new direction to go in. Make the best of things, and make the things YOU want to make.

3 Likes

I, AIMR, present this LATE January BOM. I have decided that the star patterns are all going to be RWB so that I can get started on my Wounded Warriors quilt. The festival/auction is in September!

Although this is a 10-1/2 " block, I find that I like putting all the different blocks together with sashing to make a unique quilt.

I see that I need to press out some of the “ruffling” that occurred because I needed to match up the points…and, the point on the right bottom doesn’t quite match either…hrmpfff! Well, I will fix that when I quilt it into oblivion! :blush:

10 Likes

Yay! It looks great!

1 Like

Love the stars fabric for stars! And quiltiong blends in so many oopsies. Also just walking away for a week or more makes you less likely to pinpoint all the flaws. :stuck_out_tongue:
And no one else will ever scrutinize it like you. The joy of quilting.

2 Likes

I, AIMR, submit this as my May BOM.

Try as I may, I am not really seeing a butterfly, but I do love the block! If it isn’t a star, I am going to use some of my batiks for the blocks.

Following @marionberries words of wisdom, I am not going to point out the mistake I made because I was too engrossed in my Murdock Mysteries!.. :laughing:

11 Likes

Beautiful! I see no mistakes!

1 Like

Thank you! It is a subtle one…I cut the wrong fabric … only the center was supposed to have the “flowers”…the colors are similar enough that I will call it artistic license! lol

Working on the February one next…catching up!

5 Likes

I could see a butterfly if it was cut down the middle and resewn with those edges on the outside.
Still gorgeous though!

3 Likes

@AIMR, your BOMs are coming along nicely! I like the table runner you made from last year’s BOMs (along with the wisdom you offered up with it)!

Quick question on your table runner - do you want to use it as your small, medium, or large challenge entry?

1 Like

Thanks! I am inspired by everyone here working away at them…better late than never!

Since the blocks were already made, the runner came together pretty quickly. I would say “small”.

1 Like

Mistakes? There are no mistakes. I love the colors , it’s very soothing and warm.

I once got scalped by a hairdresser (I looked like a 10-year-old boy). this was before I came out and back when I was still wearing business suits (and skinny). I was horrified but pretended that I had chosen this look. I pretended so hard that I came to love the look. I still have very short hair.

Mistakes? There are no mistakes

7 Likes

I, AIMR, submit my LATE February BOM.

I was a little more precise in cutting and sewing this one. I didn’t do the twirly seams thing … too fussy for me.

Using more of my batiks since this is also not a star! :slight_smile:

Going to work on March next as well as putting together another quilt top from last year’s blocks!

11 Likes

Beautiful and cheery

Me, again! On a roll as I catch up!

I, AIMR, submit this as my LATE Mar 22 BOM.

I used the alternate method as I was not in the mood to make FG…but, I loved the look so much that I am going to do another one with the FG. I am also doing it with RWB to stay on top of my quilt deadline for Wounded Warriors.

8 Likes

I am loving these colors! It’s beautiful, I like this version.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s my favorite so far…hopefully, I have enough of the batiks to stick with sort of a color theme! Onwards to April!!!

2 Likes

I’m so glad that folks are enjoying catching up on their blocks! I love seeing them all, and I love that quilt blocks are such a nice way to do a small chunk of crafting. We might not all have the time to cut every block to make a whole quilt, but taking the time to make a brand new block, practicing techniques, and accomplishing something start to finish feels so nice.

7 Likes

Hey–seems you are the only one who has completed the Rocky Mountain Puzzle Block so far…Seems there is a mistake on the cutting instructions: it says you need 3 of the medium color surrounding the center block…don’t all of them need 4 of those?

1 Like

Yeah, you totally need 4.

3 Likes

I, Abbeeroad submit my late March BOM

Good thing it looks awesome cause this Royal Star Block was a royal pain in the butt! For me anyway. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes