Quiltalong - 2022

I just picked up an awesome set of FQs from my local fabric store/quilt shop that, combined with the awesome blocks posted here, inspired me to make some blocks when I got home. Unfortunately the reason I got those FQs is because I was dropping my machine off for its yearly check up/maintenance. I’m machine-less for a week! :sweat_smile: :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

Oh how will you manage? I keep avoiding taking my machine in for a tune-up because I don’t want to be without it. I can take it in after I finish this, wait now I have to do this…etc. Luckily it keeps chugging along.

1 Like

I finished up the quilt blocks for the baby quilt! Pictures coming sometime tomorrow.

4 Likes

It’s a new month, so you know what that means - a new prompt! This month’s prompt is a little bit different. It’s all about Spring cleaning/organization.

March Prompt
Organization BINGO:

Now, I know some of you may have already done some cleaning/organizing this year. So, you can use previous work to cover up to three squares so long as the work was done sometime this year. You can call BINGO multiple times (up to 12) and will receive 1 ticket to the prize drawing for each BINGO. When claiming a BINGO, please share a picture of at least one of your five completed BINGO squares if possible (ie. show us your beautifully sorted scraps or the quilted basket you made for storage).

Be sure to call out all your BINGOs and most importantly, please keep track of your BINGO tally. I’ll ask for your totals at the end of the month and that is how I will know how many tickets to credit everybody.

Who will end up with the most BINGOs? Let’s start playing and find out!

8 Likes

Ooo…fun!

2 Likes

Finished my blocks, but haven’t decided on the layout yet.

12 Likes

Beautiful! I like the first layout
Or the last one.

Or the middle…

I like the top the best but I’m an engineer everything must be ROYGBIV in my world LOL

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: I love the top layout with the yellow in the center.

2 Likes

I agree! That yellow center draws my eye to the center, then outward. I like the effect.

2 Likes

That’s the one I’m leaning towards as well. The yellow is definitely the brightest block, so it just seems to make sense to center it.

2 Likes

It’s gorgeous! The yellow one is my favourite too, but all would make a lovely quilt. The fabrics are such a great choice for this block.

2 Likes

So pretty!

2 Likes

Can I have one of each? Yes 3 quilts!

Any of these are beautiful, The last one seems to balance the tone (light/dark) better, and the middle one is a light (left bottom) to dark (top right)

2 Likes

Got the quilt sandwiched and pinned today! Planning to spend Thursday afternoon squiggle quilting.

16 Likes

I have a finish. This was a free pattern online, and it was not a good pattern, quite wasteful of fabric. Each block created a HST so I have a bunch of them

to use up… Plus I ripped out so many seams from stitching them the wrong way. But it’s done! And gifted, the recipient loves it, and I’m so relieved it’s out of the house, it was a kind of bottleneck in my studio.

9 Likes

I love it, the colours and the design are fab. You’ve given me a plan to use up all my HST

3 Likes

Love the HSTs on the back, nice touch. It’s large and bold, fun quilt!

2 Likes

The free motion quilting is done! I hope to bind it this weekend.

15 Likes

Woohoo!

2 Likes