Quiltalong - 2023

That is amazing! I love how vibrant it is and the shape is so cool!

1 Like

I love how vibrant it is!

1 Like

I can’t even remember what the choices were, but you must have picked the right one because it turned out gorgeous!

2 Likes

This is beautiful! You did a great job with the fabric choices, they really make the whole design pop!

1 Like

So gorgeous!!

1 Like

I thought I had posted this already, but it looks like I hadn’t, so here it is. I completed the Diamond Trip a few days ago. @AudiobookLover, do you want me to go back and edit that post to add that it was a completed goal?

Meanwhile, I have completed the labels for the memory quilts, and was able to sew them on during the Sunday Zoom Meetup. As soon as I can get good pictures, I’ll post those. And today, I finished binding the last of the stack of 4 quilts on my table!

Fourth Quarter Goals List
-Complete the memory quilts for my cousin Jessica.
-Complete my Diamond Trip Quilt.
-Complete my Have a Heart Quilt.

-Piece Halloween BOM’s into a quilt top
-Finish the Halloween quilt???

-I MistressJennie , offer my Have A Heart Quilt for my Medium personal finish.
And it crosses something off my goal list!!!

9 Likes

@MistressJennie, I have added both finished goals and both finished quilts to the tracking sheet, so no need to edit your other post.
Both of your finished quilts came out great! I can’t zoom in far enough, but it looks like you have a colorful binding on the heart quilt, did you do a scrappy binding or use a colorful fabric?

My parents arrived for a visit a week and a half ago. I didn’t know they would be here until a week before, so I hurried to finish my current swap before they arrived, but that didn’t leave me with time to finish my mom’s Candy Corn Quilt Shoppe quilt. I really want to finish it so I can gift it before they leave, but I want to keep it a surprise. They’ll be gone part of the day tomorrow, so I’m really hoping to finish it then. I just have to bind, label, and embellish it. Unfortunately, LittleBookLover is getting over being sick and I’ve caught what he had, so I’m hoping that I’ll have the energy and that I’ll be able to keep LittleBookLover happy and busy with a new toy :crossed_fingers:t3:. Wish me speed and efficiency (two things I typically lack :grimacing:)!

4 Likes

My hubby has that nasty stomach bug that is going around…I have tried three times to work on my MT Bobbins project! Yikes…I know we both were trying to get our Halloween projects done! Hope you at least get yours done for your mom!!!

2 Likes

Your poor husband! I hope you don’t get it. At least there’s still 2 weeks before Halloween. Hopefully I’ll get my own Candy Corn Quilt Shoppe done in that time!

3 Likes

I have a wedding to go to out of town, October 25-29…uh, my gift to the bride and groom is supposed to be a quilt…yeah…I have this weekend to finish it! ha ha

2 Likes

Thinking good thoughts for both of your projects!

2 Likes

The binding is a rainbow batik that I’ve had in my stash for years. If you want to see a close up, there’s one on the quilt’s project post.

2 Likes

-I marionberries , submit this as my October BOM entry.

This was a fun square. I wanted the first version but when I looked at the other 8 squares for this quilt, the other darker square had a diagonal square too. So I flipped a few squares around. It looks great either way.

The star fabric was from too small blouse I never wore. But I love the stars.

11 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

So pretty! Great save with that starry fabric!

1 Like

What a great way to give new life to a too small blouse!

I am sooo happy to report that one out of the two Candy Corn Quilt Shoppe quilts is COMPLETE! (Don’t have time to read my long paragraph about the completion? Just scroll down for pics :smiling_face:).

All I had left to do was bind it, label it, and embellish it (I haven’t actually labeled it yet, so I suppose it isn’t technically complete, but considering that my parents drove off with the quilt draped across the backseat of their car, I am counting it as completed and gifted :blush:. I just need to put a contrasting color of felt behind the label and add steam-a-seam to it, then I’ll mail it to my mom for her to iron on.). I felt like I was just inches away from the finish line, until l started the finishing process, then it felt like I was still a mile away. I got it bound without any issue, but the embellishments were fairly time consuming. My mom had a surgery done, which was supposed to be an outpatient procedure, but they ended up keeping her overnight. I made good use of the time and worked on the quilt up until she text me the next day that they would be heading back to my house (not literally. I did sleep at night, lol.). Then that night, once my parents were asleep, I worked on creating rest of the embellishments that I hadn’t previously made. I went to bed secure in the knowledge that they were staying for one more day, which would give me just enough time to finish the quilt. So, I was very surprised and felt quite rushed for time when they announced the next morning that they’d be heading home that very day. I ended up telling them that I was very close to finishing up a gift for my mom and asked if they’d give me the time to finish it before they headed out. I then went into speed mode (okay, I like to pretend that I have such a mode, but in reality, I’m not very speedy at anything. But I did try to go as fast as I could.)! Unfortunately, there was a lot of hand sewing to attach the last of the embellishments. I am TERRIBLE at hand sewing and it typically takes me forever. But, I was determined to get it done (no matter how many times I pricked myself with the needle and despite the fact that one of those times was under the fingernail - ouch!). I hand sewed the parts that I felt needed to be sewn on (the quilts/witch hands and the pillow on the couch), then I glued on the rest of the buttons after putting thread through some of them to make them look sewn on (I didn’t add thread to the black buttons because it couldn’t be seen anyway and I was getting really pressed for time :shushing_face:). Finally, I pressed down the last button and hung the quilt to present it to my mom. I brought her into the room and she literally did a double take/step back upon seeing it. She was very excited and after verifying that the quilt was indeed her gift, she proceeded to exclaim over all the work and details that had gone into it. She was thrilled to know that it was hers and would be going home with her. I was thrilled to know it was done and also that it would be going home with her :sweat_smile:.

17 Likes

Omg!! It is amazing and those three tiny witches are the cherry on top! Well done you, it’s just fabulous

1 Like

I can’t believe how extremely detailed it is! It’s absolutely stunning.

1 Like

You should be so proud of that quilt! You did it—got it done in time to gift to your mom!

Stunning details and I know tons of work and hours!

It was fun seeing your progress shots and to spur you on!

Grab a breath and while you have the momentum, finish yours!

P.S. I really am working to use up my block before I leave town Wednesday, but if not, it might be Halloween eve! :laughing:

3 Likes