Quiltalong - 2023

It will become an octogon…what if you used the other end of the triangle every other one? Like a twirling star? Or even all of them…

5 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

Thanks sweetie, yes it will be an octagon, like your first photo, but I’m thinking if I also reversed alternate centre bits, it might look a bit more planned.

7 Likes

Then what will you do with the half diamonds around? If you alternate them as well, it can start looking too chaotic maybe? I does look nice with the triangles all one way…either red or blue!

1 Like

I think it’ll work actually, because the purple points will sit each side of a red point and vice versa, and the yellow will run right through.

I don’t think I’ll have enough fabric to do all the triangles in the same colour. :pensive:

5 Likes

Yes! I just did that one and thinks it looks the best! lol what fun to play with paper and glue before lunch…ha ha ha

5 Likes

Great minds think a like :kissing_heart:

Edit: it’s going to be pretty

10 Likes

I like it best with same colours in the centre. The other way is very busy to my eye.

2 Likes

I’m not going to sew any elements together until they are all done. So I can lay them all out and decide.

3 Likes

It does look a bit busy when you see it in real life, but I bet once the triangle pieces are put in alternating, it will give it more balance. Plus, the black sashing will also help the eye focus on the pattern more…I am with @edel…she just has to lay it all out and find what is pleasing to her or the recipient.

2 Likes

Sorry to hog the thread with this, but these are the options.

I’m not going to have enough fabric for this option

So what is your preference? We’re all leaning towards #3

8 Likes

I like the last one best

1 Like

I like 2. But, what about a red center with the purple and green on the out side? So, like #2, but with the red and purple positions switched.

ETA: nevermind that idea, it would require the same amount of fabric as the option you said wouldn’t work.

3 Likes

I like 3 as well, all the blues toward the center make a lovely mandala, and the repeating blues in the second round mimic the center giving movement.

2 Likes

Isn’t 3 red in the centre? I’m confused! :thinking:

1 Like

#3 for me. #2 is lovely as well, but I like the red repeat in the center and outside in #3.

2 Likes

4 i mean 4. 3 is good to, but reversed

1 Like

I like #4, but #3 is a close second.

1 Like

I like 4 and 2. But, whatever one you choose, this is going to be so gorgeous!!!

1 Like

I’m so I went out and bought fabric today, and now #4 is back on the table :grin:

6 Likes