Quiltalong - 2024

Absolutely a show stopper! Just wow…

Your friend is learning from the best!

4 Likes

That back is stunning!

I have spent the morning watch Karen Brown on YouTube. I watched a few fast quilts, then started watching the color theory section. Quilts will be fun for me concidering i am technically color blind! Haha! Pretty sure i can muddle through it. It hasnt stopped me from drawing and rendering. No limits!

5 Likes

Definitely no limits!

2 Likes

I really need to watch them, but I am afraid… :laughing:

2 Likes

Just do it, binge them all in a row & bookmark your faves to revisit. She’s lovely & so encouraging. You will get something positive out of it, even if that’s just a sense of direction or acceptance or future inspiration.

Jennie, that looks fantastic!

3 Likes

-I jellybean, submit my Picnic Quilt for my goal list entry.

I finished my wonky ‘picnic’ quilt! It’s a mess, but it will still protect me from grass stains when sitting out in the yard. :slight_smile:

(more pictures here)

8 Likes

@AudiobookLover I wonder if we can get this link that @Magpie found, stickied. It’s a really excellent tutorial.

3 Likes

I Edel submit this as a large for this quarter. (I don’t think I’ve already submitted a large??) It’s the same type quilt as the previous one, but today life has been wading through treacle. So this was definitely a large task

It’s a nice lap quilt size, made for a nerdy friend for her VW campervan

The back has more vans

13 Likes

It’s really nice, I love this pattern.

2 Likes

I’ve been decluttering, is anyone interested in a Quiltmania magazine from 2019?

It’s a Dutch language edition but half of the magazine are pictures from quilt shows across Europe and the other half are patterns that are easy to understand without knowing the language. Example:

5 Likes

Great suggestion! I have added that video to the bottom of the very first post under Helpful Hints & Tips.

You really managed to get that camper van quilt done quickly! What a great gift!

3 Likes

Thanks sweetie x

2 Likes

-I marionberries , offer ombre kitten quilt for my small challenge entry.**

These were the last flannel charm squares left after making two flannel quilts.

We can always use more sleeping mats for the kittens. They get washed a lot.

And an extra

And an old mat covered in kittens. They are 5 weeks old and adorable.

Resized_20240129_090238_3586
Resized_20240129_090713_2577

13 Likes

Aww, hello sweet babies.

1 Like

What mat? :laughing:

I make a lot of mats for the cats as well…they are messy little critters!

I have been wanting to destash my limited supply of flannel and flannel scraps for years…why didn’t I think about making more of these! Thanks!

5 Likes

Ack…cute overload

1 Like

And shelters often like little cat mats for their shelter animals. We foster so I don’t make any for the shelter, though we’ve begun making small fleece mats for when the kittens go in for adoption. Something with familiar smells to help calm them and send with them to their forever homes.
Be sure to ask first, they all have different needs.

3 Likes

Got the 4-Patches made and rows pieced for an example teaching quilt. I love that it’s a Harry Potter theme, without being primary colors. The color print is the illustrations from Mary Grandpre’s original paintings and the black and white are metallic prints of the Deathly Hallows and Golden Snitches.

8 Likes

-I Mvanrh11, offer scrappy red quilt blocks for month’s prompt

I am excited to use the color prompts to make this scrappy quilt I am using this pattern Free Scrap Stash Plus Quilt pattern - Quilty Love

I will use the first 6 months to make all the quilt blocks and then will sew it together in the second half of the year

11 Likes

Ooh, I like that rainbow quilt! I’m excited to see yours at the end of the year!

2 Likes