Quiltalong - 2024

I used the off cuts from the quilt block to make some pinwheel blocks that I’m going to turn into a pocket for the tote bag.

Gotta make some handles and got the lining in during nap time today.

9 Likes

I think this is what you are asking. You take one 2" x 2.5" square, and you sew 1.5" squares to each side at an angle. Here is a link to a tutorial for a larger version.

For some reason, I chose to start with cats half this size. Ugh. I do this to myself all the time. :joy: But it’s the same instructions, just on a smaller scale.
I am going to try for this quilt.https://www.missouriquiltco.com/products/itty-bitty-kitty-committee-quilt-pattern-by-missouri-star
But instead of making it bright and fun, I am creating it in grays and mustard yellow. Again, I do not understand my brain sometimes.

5 Likes

You are tenacious when it comes to using every last bit of fabric…the tote bag is so darn cute and the pocket makes it extra special!!

2 Likes

I think you do a good job…the ears don’t look bad, just uneven…and I think they are cute like that!

2 Likes

:upside_down_face: None of us understand our brains. That’s why we are here…it’s a safe outlet for our craziness!

4 Likes

-I MistressJennie , offer Black + Rainbow Quilt for my Large Quarter 1 challenge entry.

9 Likes

I watched that video, but I am unsure of how your ears ended up being different sizes. I just hope you’re able to recreate it, because I love that look!

Wow! This is so cool . I love a black and rainbow combination. All your block look amazing. That border is insane!!

1 Like

Reminder - We need a new BOM for… well, actually for every month for the rest of this year.

So, please nominate some blocks. We’ve got ten months to fill.

Here are a few different sites that have a variety of blocks to choose from:

2 Likes

Love. Love. Love this.

1 Like

I nominate Nighttime Sky

Or Triple Star

4 Likes

All of these are too advanced for me, but I liked the following:
2021 Riley Blake 2021 – Butterfly Block
2022 Riley Blake 2022 - Sweetheart
2023 Riley Blake 2023 – Jack in the Box
2023 Tiley Blake 2024 – Bloom where you are Planted

Patchwork Square – Buttercup, Brasstown Star, Love in the Mist, Poppy.

Generations – Charleston Quilt, Crown and Thorns

4 Likes

I have found 4 to nominate. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Almost forgot….

-I MistressJennie, also submit Black + Rainbow quilt for my goal list entry.

4 Likes

-I MistressJennie, offer my Quilted Mermaid Tote Bag for my small personal finish.

10 Likes

-I mvanrh11, submit this as my current February BOM entry.

I didnt have many things I was working on this month so was hard to use scrap fabrics to make this block so I tried to go with a vibe for the block.

I would like to nominate these blocks for BOM:

10 Likes

Oh I like the double star block!!

4 Likes

WIP. I got the top assembled, just need to add a narrow border then finish it off. It was an interesting mind bender as I worked through it, and it’s wild! Forest wild.

13 Likes

It’s very cohesive!

I managed to get 1/4 of the Halloween quilt quilted today.

2 Likes

I like that the blocks look like they are in random places. Like trees in a forest!

4 Likes