Quiltalong - 2024

-I MistressJennie, submit my completed rainbow quilt top for my goal list entry.

14 Likes

That is seriously stunning! The black really sets off the colorwash. It reminds me of those scratch-off sheets that have a wash of black over a colored background and you scratch an image away revealing the color.

4 Likes

Oh my gosh, that border! Everything is so rainbowy delicious but be still my teeny squares-lovin’ heart!

3 Likes

This is fabulous! I can’t decide if I like this or your Halloween one best

2 Likes

So very pretty!! Wow!

1 Like

You did such a beautiful job with the ombré effect of those squares!

1 Like

Thank you guys! I’m really pleased with how the pieced border came out. It was a bit of a pain, but I was glad to use so many scrap Leaders & Enders. I I had about 3/4 of what I needed, and only had to cut and piece about 30 or so more to fill in color gaps. My in laws are visiting this weekend, so I’m hoping I can get this one sandwiched while they play with Ada.

Meanwhile, I pieced a small kids quilt top during her nap today. Another unexpected Harry Potter design, made from stash. Not sure what I’m going to use for borders yet, but I’m sure I’ll find something.

Check out the cool spells and patronuses fabric!

7 Likes

Oh wow, oh wow. Just perfect! Stunning and delightful. I want it.

2 Likes

@Magpie, I sent out two notecards of yellow squares today. (Sorry, I was out of notecards, and had to get more before I could send out!) But the mail carrier just took them away, so you should have them in a few days.

4 Likes

Yay, thanks! I might have sent you a little something too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Still haven’t started anything, but i bought more fabric. :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

I got new rotary blades (& also fabric, there was a sale!) so I’ll be in the basement for the next few hours pressing & cutting. I did some calculations & even with sashing between 6x6 2.5" square blocks, I’ll still need over 700 squares for a twin sized quilt! La, this is why people purchase kits.

3 Likes

Some additional blocks for my green/brown quilt. It’s fun just making whatever block I want.

Just some trees:

Disappearing 4 patch:

Disappearing 9 patch:

10 Likes

Still need this? Timeline? Just yellow? Tone on tone, light patterns?

2 Likes

I like fabric!
I’ve been sewing, at an actual sloth’s pace, lol, but I’ve been sewing! I’m going to get our camper quilt done by summer. Whatever fabric I get is going in there :wink:

3 Likes

I needed a easy win so I created this block to put on the pack of a jacket. Even though the attaching to the jacket didnt go the best. Still glad to have a easy win under my belt!

11 Likes

It came out great!!!

2 Likes

Fun block and it really makes the jacket!

2 Likes

Ada got me sick over the weekend, so I haven’t been crafting as fast as normal, but I have managed to finish quilting the Black + Rainbow top. Hopefully tomorrow I can trim loose threads, and square it up, then start binding.

4 Likes

If this is your slow, then my fast is molasses in comparison :laughing:. Hope you’re feeling better!

2 Likes