Quiltalong - 2024

I’m hand stitching my binding on the Black + Rainbow quilt (2.5 sides are done), while trying to decide on color placement for the BOM…

I’m planning on using this BOM on a scrappy kids tote bag. The little girl who lives across the street from us is just 5 weeks older than Ada. We’re going to her birthday next weekend, and I need a fun gift. I picked up a couple books at a local shop, and want something fun to put them in. So a quick tote bag seems like a good wrapper.

6 Likes

One on each side?

2 Likes

I think the back is going to be scrappy 2.5” squares in purple with bits of pink and turquoise thrown in.

1 Like

I like the second one best.

I did my first quilting of 2024! (other than ironing and sorting previously made blocks and basting two tops) . I fixed a quilt I made for a friend’s kid years ago. The binding on top somehow came loose, I imagine that’s where the quilt gets grabbed at night. I attached it again and hopefully it will stay put now! The fabric frayed a bit so it took some effort to re-attach the binding.

5 Likes

I vote for neither. If you stand back, close your eyes, then when you open your eyes which one catches your eye first.

I’ve been working on my forest lap quilt. It has been a meditative journey. This retirement thing is pretty cool.

Working out the logistics and layout is tricky and fun.

14 Likes

I finished hand binding the Black + Rainbow quilt, got my BOM cut out, then cut and pieced the backing and binding for my next WIP top, during nap time. Then I sandwiched the top while Ada played with Jim this afternoon. I want to get up and start quilting it tomorrow, but sadly I’m out of any possible matching thread. I’ll have to run to Joann’s when they open tomorrow.

4 Likes

Whatcha doing with that one, is it for your girl?

2 Likes

Nope. The Black + Rainbow is going on the bed in my guest room. And the Muted Solids Rainbow BOM that I sandwiched last night is going to a mystery Lettuce Crafter….

:female_detective: :question: :man_detective:

5 Likes

Ooh, this one? Hard to part with, must be very special somebody!

2 Likes

Lucky recipient!

1 Like

11 Likes

Rainbow goodness!

1 Like

-I MistressJennie, submit this as my current February BOM entry.

13 Likes

I skrutt, submit this as my current Febuary BOM entry.

And here is my mums Febuary BOM

13 Likes

The February BOMS are gorgeous! You all picked fabulous fabrics to feature! I love the kitties, frogs and mermaids!

1 Like

Thank you! The mermaid print is one directional, so I did have to keep track of which triangle was going where, so they’d all be facing upright. But I love how it came out. It’ll make a cute tote bag for a little girl.

3 Likes

I finished quilting the muted rainbow top! It’s amazing how much faster it went compared to the last one. Between sewing with light thread on a bright background (instead of black thread on black background) and this top being smaller (58” square vs 70” square), it just went so much faster. Even when doing a tighter meandering pattern, it just went so quickly. Woot!

7 Likes

I Mvanrh11, offer scrappy orange quilt blocks for February month’s prompt

15 Likes

These are lovely!

3 Likes