Quilted Cross Stitch Hanging!

I know, I know…I just finished a project but I have another one! It’s my birthday weekend so I was permitted to hang out in my craft room all day and neglect my motherly duties. So…looky what I made!

There was a cumulation of a couple ideas I’ve had floating around my head. I thought it would be neat to combine cross stitch and quilting.

Then I found this pattern for this wall hanging…

and realized I had a cross stitch from last spring I never did anything with…

AND it just so happens to match the fabric I bought earlier this week.

So voila!

Using my newfound skills from the Quiltalong and the project case I made this wall hanging was born!

The pattern is from one of the recent Better Homes and Gardens Quilting Magazines.

Here’s a bit of a closer look at the cross stitch. It was a small freebie pattern (can’t remember the designer, sorry) that I did because I wanted to try beads.

Here’s a bit closer of the fabric I said is perfect: it’s floral…with carrots!!

Made a little tassel for the bottom!

A little ribbon tie to hang! Not pictured is all the short dowels I duct taped together to make the dowel long enough. :laughing:

And a look at the back for funsies!

We have a while until Easter but it’s hanging on my front door anyway. I didn’t want it to look overly Easter-y or grandma-ish despite being what it is. Hoping it looks more “modern.” :crossed_fingers:

Anyway, thanks for looking!!

22 Likes

You are a master! Cross stitch :white_check_mark: quilting :white_check_mark: tassel :white_check_mark:

LOVE!!!

3 Likes

This is sooooo cute! What a great way to use that cross stitch, to decorate your front door, AND to spend some time on your birthday weekend!

4 Likes

Excellent combination of skills! Also, a lovely way to display your beautiful cross stitching other than a conventional hoop! Love the colors…and you know, there are many holidays where such a banner can be made to decorate your home…just saying…love it!

4 Likes

Beautiful!

2 Likes

Lol! True! I really liked the idea of a classic looking quilt block decoration. Reminds me of the barn quilt designs.

1 Like

This is so cheery and pretty I can see why it already has pride of place. That fabric really IS perfect for it! Well done!

2 Likes

Sweet harbinger of Spring!

2 Likes

It’s gorgeous! And it definitely looks very modern.

2 Likes

Super-duper cute! Love the overall concept. The tassel really tops it off!

2 Likes

Lovely! Go you, keeping up the momentum! :grin:

2 Likes

Oh wow! This is so fab!

2 Likes

I love how bright and fresh it feels. Your cross stitch is adorable and that is the perfect fabric to go with it. Happy Belated Birthday!

1 Like

Your birthday wish is not belated, my real birthday is tomorrow! So thank you!

I have to continue being an adult tomorrow (just a regular ol’ Tuesday) so I “celebrated “ yesterday by using my birthday as a convenient excuse to craft all day. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Utterly adorable. And we should have some sort of contest for including as many different craft mediums as you can in one project; cross stitch, quilting, tassel making… I smell a future LC challenge…

1 Like

That is so sweet!! I love the sneaky carrot fabric! :carrot: :rabbit2:

That’d be a good one!!

That is so wonderful. The carrot fabric is cracking me up too :smile: