Recent 'Feminist Agenda' & 'Stapler in Jello' Cross Stitch Projects

Hi all! I’m Jen, the sister-in-law that @MistressJennie has mentioned! I’ve been quietly peeking around for a few days, admiring some of the lovely works you’ve all created. Here are a couple of cross stitch projects I recently finished.

The “feminist agenda” is a pattern I purchased on Etsy. I’m not 100% crazy about the color scheme and may do another version in the future with a different pallete. I just finished it last week, and still need to give it a gentle wash and do the finish work.

The stapler in Jell-O is, of course, a nod to “The Office” and came in a kit I picked up at Barnes & Noble. It will be a cute little addition to my office at work.

37 Likes

Welcome! I love cross stitch, so I’m happy you shared some of your projects!

2 Likes

Lovely stitching!

2 Likes

Welcome! I love the first one especially!!

3 Likes

Welcome to LC Jenn!!! I’m so glad you joined us.

2 Likes

P.S. you might also enjoy the Stitchalong thread. The lovely @Abbeeroad does inspiration themes each month, and prize drawings. It’s a great place to show off in-progress work and be inspired by the work of others.

6 Likes

Welcome! These are fabulous and I’m glad you’re here adding to the garden of fun. Happy crafting!

4 Likes

Yay, another stitcher! If you do stitch “Feminist Agenda” in a different colour scheme, I’d love to see it.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family! Your stitching is lovely! I love the florals! Can’t wait to see more of your work!

3 Likes

These are GREAT! I love those in-yer-face bright colours in the first one.

3 Likes

Welcome Jen! Glad she convinced you to join us!

3 Likes

Yay!! Excellent projects! I love both for totally different reasons, lol. Your stitching is perfection.

Yes! Check it out!! :heart:

4 Likes

What fun patterns, and very nicely stitched. Welcome to Lettuce Craft!

2 Likes

Well, hello there and welcome! These are both such fun and that jello? AWESOME!

4 Likes

Welcome! Glad you joined and hope to see more!
These are both awesome and so neatly done. I think the colors are lovely with the first one. They have a fun 70’s nod to them. And the stapler makes me laugh!

4 Likes

Thank you all for the warm welcome and encouragement! I learned to cross stitch when I was a kid (my mama @Millykay taught me). I hadn’t done it in years but picked it back up during the pandemic - needed something to help keep me occupied with all the downtime! I’ve made several things as gifts, which I love doing, but now I’m trying to do a few for myself.

7 Likes

Welcome!
These are both great!
I haven’t done cross stitch in awhile, and I think I’d like to do some designs that are more current/ clever than ones I’ve used in the past.
I need to look around a bit, I’m guessing etsy may be the best source?

2 Likes

Yes, Etsy is a great place to look! I’ve found a lot of amazing patterns there. There are designs in so many genres and styles, and most are really inexpensive. I like ones that are snarky/funny/subversive, and I purchased some mini patterns based on paintings by Van Gogh, Cezanne, etc.

DMC has some nice free patterns available to download as well, so I check there from time to time: Patterns - Cross Stitch - DMC.

3 Likes

:sparkles: :thread: :scissors: Welcome to Lettuce Craft! And congratulations! Your awesome Feminist Agenda and Stapler in Jello Cross Stitches are a Featured Project this week! :scissors: :thread: :sparkles:

2 Likes

I recently have taken up cross stitch again. As a child, I just did not have the patience, but now, it is quiet relaxing and something that can be done while streaming or listening to music.

I get a lot of patterns from Cobweb Corner. But, I also love the free patterns from DMC!

Congrats on being featured…your work is lovely!

3 Likes