Scrappy dish cloths

One thing I wanted to do was use up all the small bits of cotton yarn I have that rent enough for a complete project. So I made dish cloths with random yarns.

Since these aren’t “pretty” I won’t mind using them for really gross jobs like cat vomit and really greasy stuff.

I like doing dish cloths as they can be done fairly quick and I can try out different stitches.

This is called a bead stitch. I really liked it. A bit different than a puff stitch because you work around the post of a double crochet rather than work as a normal stitch.

16 Likes

I used to do the same for ones I kept. Now I have a friend knit mine as I prefer them but can’t really knit.

1 Like

These are great! And I think the scrappy yarn mix is still pretty :grinning:

1 Like

I love making dishcloths to try out new stitches! I’ve never tried that bead stitch before, so a new dishcloth may be in my near future! And, you’re absolutely right- dishcloths are perfect for using up random bits of leftover cotton yarn. If mine aren’t perfect, I always say, “Who cares? It’s just a dishcloth!”

1 Like

These are great! I love making dishcloth because they’re such a quick finish!

1 Like

I still think they’re pretty. Especially the variegated one with the blue border in the first picture and the grey/blue one. I’d never heard of a bead stitch. Very cool.

2 Likes

I still think they are pretty too.

2 Likes

Yes! Same!

I’m going to have to try that bead stitch!

1 Like

Great idea! Maybe I should do that too with all of my scraps.

1 Like

I adore the scrappy nature of your dish cloths.
They’re pretty and one of a kind!

Heck yeah for busting that stash! :smiley:

1 Like

They look lovely! That beads stitch is really pretty.
After using do you just throw them in the washing machine on 40° or do you do handwash?

1 Like

I machine wash. They do fade in color but I’m too lazy to hand wash.

1 Like