Scrappy masterboards ++ (Talk Scrappy To Me Challenge Entry)

In getting ready to move and destashing, I realized I had a lot of smallish pieces of Paper that needed to be got rid of. But my hoarding heart wouldn’t let me just toss them out. However, I knew that gluing paper while at work on the phone makes the job more fun, so I cut most of it into strips, and there was actually quite a bit that I tossed, as well….I couldn’t keep ALL of it.

So I made a plethora of masterboards that will eventually become cards or bookmarks, or…. Something.

Most of these are 8.5x11 inches but I made some from smaller and random sizes also, to use up some card stock off cuts.

I also made these final projects in addition to the masterboards:

For that one I used a postcard @Lynx had sent me that I though was really neat.

Some other cards:

Tags!

25 Likes

You kept your hands busy at work. These are a great way to use up stash instead of tossing it. Love that you included your drawing of the girl. You did such a great job on it.

2 Likes

So many great ways to use up scraps!

2 Likes

Not only are you ready to go with future projects, you’ve made some great ones already! I particularly like the one iwth the Warhol quote and the stripey tags.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, I love them all and I may steal the gluing to paper idea. I am an awful paper crafter, but surely I can glue fabric. “Art is anything you can get away with” is my favorite.

2 Likes

I like this idea quite a bit! I keep a lot of my paper scraps as well in smaller jewelry bags in an accordion folder. Maybe I can make this after I finish organizing my craft room. I have a new swing arm cutter that is incredibly satisfying to use to cut paper.

3 Likes

Awesome! Future you will love that you wrangled these scraps into usable pieces. Love the projects you already used them for, too!

3 Likes

These are fabulous! You have a great sense of colour, and I really like how that background sets off your drawing of the girl in sunglasses!

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

1 Like

Love those tags and the cards as well!

1 Like

Thanks!

I love how you have used your paper scraps! (some of them, anyway…ha ha)

Using them as backgrounds like a masterboard is a wonderful idea…especially since they show off your drawings!

The Christmas ones are also functional and cute!!!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m a big fan of functional!

1 Like

What kind of job allows for this type of activity?

1 Like

Customer service - work from home.

2 Likes

Wow. You got such a good variety of items out of your scrap pile! Impressive!

1 Like

My fav are the sweet, little Christmas tags. Your masterboards are a great way to do useful busywork because it’s so painful to throw out paper scraps. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Thanks, guys!