Scrappy quilt finished

Edit: the whole thing is finally done. I had help putting on a load of safety pins, so the quilting went quick in the end. Bound with some fabric I dyed. The backing fabric was too narrow, so I inserted a pieced strio that I was experimenting with.

The top is finally done. Scrap quilts take so much more time, or at least they do for me. I think it’s a combination of more trimming and in my case because the scraps are endless, I maybe am not as careful about seam allowances as I should be-which inevitably confess back to bite me in the ass.

26 Likes

Oh my goodness! This is so wonderful!

1 Like

It looks so pretty! You really are cranking out the fabulous projects this year- good for you!

2 Likes

@AntBee and there will be more of them, now that all educational establishment have been closed here, for at least the next two weeks

3 Likes

So beautiful! Is the pink sashing from your wedding?

@MistressJennie well spotted my eagle eyed friend. It’s it is. All of the quilts I make for the foreseeable future will have pink sashing :joy:

3 Likes

Where are the crafty medals…? You deserve one for finishing that! Must have taken a long time! The colors are very cheerful; I like the pink!

I have so much admiration for anyone who can quilt! Such a level of precision and getting things to sit squarely… Super impressive to me! This is gorgeous.

That is fantastic! Ack, the scrappy deliciousness, I just love how this looks!

Love the scrappy quilts…but pink sashing? wow…that is a whole new level of admiration…there has to be a story there…

Beautiful work! I think scrappy quilts are very time consuming- congrats on finishing your top!

I absolutely love your quilt! Thank you for sharing :slight_smile:
Scrappy quilts are my fave and my fabric stash matches that :stuck_out_tongue:

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: this is beautiful!

Gorgeous and wow so much work! You are amazing!

all the tiny pieces, coming together to be something new. lovely!

That looks very impressive!
And gorgeous!

@AIMR I scrunch dyed a bunch of white cotton to make table cloths for my wedding last june. To a kind of colour washed pink. So they’re getting used for everything!

2 Likes

What a happy reuse for those!!! They add a bit of interest to your scrappy quilts…and now, each time I see pink in your projects, I will think of your wedding!

i love it!
the pattern is great - simple shapes but awesome end result!

Gorgeous!