Scrappy square quilted wall hanging

I finally finished my quilted wall hanging using my scraps from the Scrappy Mail Fabric Swap over the summer. I could hear @Magpie and @Edel in my head telling me to use the good stuff so I used the good stuff for the binding :slight_smile:

Special thanks to @MistressJennie, @endymion, @tendstowardschaos, @Immaculata, @AIMR, and @pioneer9 for swapping with me!

30 Likes

It came out so beautifully! I love it!!!

2 Likes

You did a fabulous job of putting together such a diverse mix of fabrics!

I am sure each one of us who swapped with you are finding our contributions and beaming with pride that you made something so beautiful!

Wow…even your border quilting is perfect!

5 Likes

This is such a rich and colorful quilt! You did an amazing job of creating balance with all the colors. It’s like a feast for the eyes!

2 Likes

This is gorgeous! So many beautiful scraps…

2 Likes

Beautiful! Love the random (but probably totally not) color pattern and the binding and border fabric sets off the color nicely!

2 Likes

I loosely sorted them by color

Then laid them out in rainbow order which is how I originally thought I was going to do it

But decided I didn’t love it so I stacked them then redistributed into this arrangement which is almost exactly what I ended up doing (I might have mixed up a couple squares while sewing and just went with it :))

These pictures are so much more accurate of the brightness of the fabrics! It’s cold and dreary out now so the final project photo doesn’t do them justice.

9 Likes

So bright and happy, just right for this winter season.

2 Likes

What a stunner! & full of lovely memories too.

1 Like

I really love the contrast of the uniformity (in size and layout) and the variety (in the prints/colors).

1 Like

All those matching edges! Looks great!

2 Likes

Stunning!

1 Like

It’s beautiful! :heart:

1 Like

What a gorgeous collection of fabrics. You did a great job arranging them in a way that compliments each square and you made the right decision with that alphabet binding. It looks so cool! Well done.

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like

Thank you all for the kind words! I was especially proud of the placement of the squares and I’m glad others liked it too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:mountain_snow: :medal_sports: Congratulations! This stand out project is featured this week! :medal_sports: :mountain_snow:

2 Likes

Yay! Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

This is sooooo pretty! What a fun keepsake!

2 Likes

I love how well the variety of patterns work together. There are just enough that are similar to unify it, but the added variety keeps it fresh. It’s a beautiful finished piece!

1 Like