Scrappy Stripes Raglan Sweater

For my first attempt at a knitted sweater, I chose the Classic Raglan by Jane Richmond.

It has some easy neck-shaping for a good fit, but is otherwise quite simple. I made it slightly oversized and left off the waist shaping so it wouldn’t be too fitted. It still needs to be washed and blocked.

The yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash. I just used the leftovers (and the not-quite-right-colors) from the Doctor Who Scarf. It took 5.25 balls (1155 yards, 525g).

26 Likes

You finished it! It looks great; the colors are so nice and the stripe pattern is fun.

1 Like

Oooo. I LOVE this sweater! The colors, the stripes, the raglan sleeves!

1 Like

That looks great! I love the random striping!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m already plotting my next one (after I finish one for my DH).

1 Like

It’s ssooooo pretty!

1 Like

Your first attempt doesnt look like it! I cant wait to see more!

3 Likes

Wow that looks great!

1 Like

Thanks! I did have a few issues, with tension, mostly. There’s some laddering straight down the center where I had my end-of-round stitch marker. I knit continental, and my tension is usually on the tighter side, so it really shows up. Oh well, live and learn.

1 Like

This is awesome!

1 Like

Thank you!

Gorgeous! Love the colors!

1 Like

It’s amazing!!!

1 Like

Thank you!

Soooo lovely! Love the scrappy colors!

1 Like

this looks fantastic! and I wouldn’t have suspected they were leftovers! Looks very well planned~
and it is amazing that it’s your first sweater! wow!

1 Like

Thank you!

I had more than a ball of each color left over (I just didn’t want to run out and have to use different dye lots). The light green was the wrong color, so I had two full balls of that. So, ‘scraps’ was a term very loosely applied. There was enough for two and a half sweaters between extras and wrong colors. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

This turned out so nicely! I wish I could knit this well.

1 Like

Looks great! I never made any knit clothing, so I am in awe of you!

1 Like

Thank you!

It really wasn’t a difficult pattern, if you’re inclined to try. Just knit/purl/increase/decrease. The fanciest thing was picking up stitches.

2 Likes