Scraptatic Pouch From Super Scrappy Denim Jacket Leftovers - Talk Scrappy to Me Challenge Entry

I made this pouch for @mel in the IYP swap. The outside of the pouch is made of leftover embellished fabric from my super scrappy denim jacket. I initially planned to embellish the jacket yokes, but ultimately decided against it.
The majority of the fabric for this project came from quilting project leftovers from my mom and other quilters. The zipper was a $0.25 purchase and the lining is a very faded vintage dish towel I picked up at a garage sale. I love the design, but struggled to find a project for it since it is so faded.

31 Likes

This is so cool! I love the use of the calendar towel, too.

4 Likes

Those layered scraps are so fabulous! And a perfect use for the towel, as well. Quirky and fun little surprise inside!

4 Likes

This is excellent!!

3 Likes

Wow, that is amazing! It must have been a lot of work. The dish towel is perfect for the lining.

3 Likes

its hard to say what i love more - the outside or the inside of this thing!!! the lining is like a little secret surprise or something…i love it more than words can say!!! thanks again @MightyMitochondria!!

3 Likes

This is amazing! I love the crazy amount of texture you created on the front, and the happy little surprise of the lining!

2 Likes

Amazing!! The way you layer and stitch your scraps totally transforms them. Like the original piece is not even recognizable. It’s sorcery!!

4 Likes

Simply incredible. Encrusted with stitches, the sheer amount of work, wow. It just looms amazing.

3 Likes

This is lovely! So much work and detail. The lining is perfect.

2 Likes

Wow, a calendar dish towel from 1965?! Great find and clever use for it. The bag is amazing and truly one of a kind!

3 Likes

Another Mighty scrappy piece! Woo! I love the addition of the interior towel. There’s a vintage shop near me that has a ton of embroidered tea towels, napkins, etc. that they’re selling for $1 a piece. I “rescued” some, heheheh, I just need to be better at sewing :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

:sun_behind_small_cloud: Congratulations! This little ray of sunshine is one of this week’s featured projects! :sun_behind_small_cloud:

1 Like

Awww…thank you!

2 Likes

love that dish towel!
fantastic pouch!

2 Likes

There’s your famous Rick Rack again! I love this so much. What a great way to bring new life to scraps/other items.

2 Likes

Scrap-o-rama! This is really cool!

2 Likes

This is such a wonderful project. Love it!

2 Likes

This is marvellous!! I love the scrappy pouch you made for me, I’m sure this one also feels and looks even more wonderful in real life!

2 Likes

Tactile textile heaven!!! :cloud::partly_sunny::cloud:

2 Likes