Super scrappy denim jacket - finally complete!

My super scrappy denim jacket is finally complete! A special thank you to @sloth003 for the many Tula Pink scraps and @AIMR for sending me pom pom trim for the back.

Close ups:

The back panel with the pom pom trim:

21 Likes

:star_struck:
Fabulous! So excited that you finished it. Glad you get to wear it and share it with the rest of the world.

Hope it’s okay that I saved your close-up pictures to use as wallpaper on my phone… (If not, let me know and I’ll sadly delete.) Love that wild stitchery!

2 Likes

Oh, goodness. What a fun idea for wallpaper. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

It is beautiful…the number of different ways you used to embellish this…eye candy for the stitchers for sure! I have never seen ric rac used that way…it looks like a really fun embellishment.

3 Likes

This is so incredibly amazing!! You should SO wear this EVERYWHERE and advertise your scrap queen status!! :laughing: Congrats on tackling and completing this beast of a project. :tada: :partying_face: :raised_hands: :boom:

3 Likes

This is maybe the coolest jacket I’ve ever seen. Great touches to make it so extra special.

I don’t normally worry about things matching, but this will match EVERYTHING!

6 Likes

What an incredible finish! So many fabrics, embellishments, and stitches! I especially like how you finished the sleeves with the vertical line of rickrack on the back. I hope you’re able to get a lot of use out of this and it brings a smile to your face every time you wear it!

3 Likes

Oh the yummy textures & colors!!! A joy to wear!

2 Likes

This is fantastic! And just in time for light-jacket season!

3 Likes

Wow! This is so cool and looks like it was so much work! Totally worth it for the results.
Did you see this @Bunny1kenobi ?!

3 Likes

This is FABULOUS! You have inspired me to make my own jacket, but I don’t think it will hold a candle to this one! WOWWWW!

3 Likes

Fantastic! I like how you seamed the arms, that’s a great detail.

2 Likes

Beautiful work! Be prepared to be stopped by strangers when you wear it.

3 Likes

This is a piece of wearable artwork, just stunning. I hope you wear it and get tons of compliments!

3 Likes

Stunning, the details on this are out of this world!

3 Likes

I’m inspired, too, but like @Bunny1kenobi stated, I’m sure mine would not match up to this amazingness.

3 Likes

I am sure you and @Bunny1kenobi would have your own spin on it! I am going to start on…I already have the jacket, but just never got around to embellishing it.

I was going to do it directly on the jacket, but I sort of like not having to stitch into denim or wool the whole jacket…

Nice project for doing a little at a time as well…I wouldn’t want to wear the jacket half done or anything…

3 Likes

I have my jacket as well. I should get moving on it while it is still cool enough to wear a jacket in Arizona! Pretty soon I will be putting it away till the fall…

2 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi, @AIMR, and @J-squared this project looks intimidating, but it was not that difficult. I stitched the fabric panels, attached them with fusible webbing, then added additional rows of stitches to keep everything in place. I would love, love, love to see how all of you put your own spin on a denim jacket!

4 Likes