Seashell and Flotsam Assemblage - Take a Bite 2022 Challenge Entry

I made this assemblage art canvas for the Take a Bite Out of Your Stash challenge

I had a container of seashells that have been in the closet for years. And added in some random bits and treasures.

Instead of my normal black I painted the whole thing in white. Added some texture with heavy gesso and then dry brushed with pink and teal paints and then went over the whole thing with iridescent medium.

I realized the first pics I uploaded were blurry so have uploaded more.

23 Likes

This is awesome! It really looks like you just scooped it all up out of the ocean!

1 Like

I love it! The textures are great. It reminds me of the I Spy books and Florida decor.

1 Like

Love all the fish and shells! The paint also really boosts the beach vibe.

1 Like

I have a friend with a beach condo and itโ€™s decked out with wicker furniture and pastel furnishings. It reminds me of that condo, the 80s, and The Golden Girls.

2 Likes

So much summer beach nostalgia!

1 Like

Wow, so pretty.

1 Like

This is so lovely! I love your use of white this time around. It sets it apart from your usual creations, making it itโ€™s own unique piece.

1 Like

Love the colors you used. The whole thing succeeds with the beach vibe in a big way!

1 Like

It does look like a wave has just departed, leaving behind this interesting treasure. The colors are amazing!

1 Like

Man I love this! The colors are perfect. The teal really gives the piece the look of patina. And the pink reminds me of the inside of a shell.

1 Like

This is so great! I love the colors and your composition especially. This feels so magical! The iridescent medium makes it 110% amazing!