Secret Santa Wishlist swap discussion & gallery

What are you talking about? Oatmeal raisin cookies are great! I don’t know what I’d pick given the choice of chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin… I guess it’d depend on my mood that day.

1 Like

Ok, you are not alone. I don’t like chocolate chip cookies, and prefer oatmeal, too, but without raisins.

1 Like

It isn’t as bad as what people say. My husband loves it.

Same. Prefer oatmeal cookie but no raisins. I hate raisins. But not. A huge chocolate fan. I mean it’s good but it’s too much for me.

1 Like

Same here. I’m not usually a chocolate fan; But, chocolate paired with peanut butter is divine.

2 Likes

Why pick? Have one of each. I like most cookies. I am not a fruitcake fan because I don’t care for candied fruit, though I often make candies citrus peel to give as a Christmas gift (and am never tempted to eat any myself).

1 Like

Done correctly, everything is good! Not a chocolate lover, I’m with the majority on here, oatmeal/oatmeal raisin is my preference over chocolate chip. But if the choice is chocolate chip or no cookie, I’ll take the chips! :joy:

2 Likes

You know what’s good? Oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips.

4 Likes

This is one of my favourites when it comes to cookies:

I haven’t compared this recipe with my one true inherited one, but it looks about right. I roll the dough until it’s thick like my thumb and then flatten it slightly, and I like the cookies to brown a bit before removing from the oven.

6 Likes

Uhm. Yum! I’m saving that recipe for Christmas baking day. Sounds just like something I’d love! Thanks!

2 Likes

Looks delicious! Though I may have to come up with a viable golden syrup alternative…perhaps honey will work. hmmm.

1 Like

There appear to be recipes for making it. I was curious about it too so I looked it up. Because those cookies are happening. Heh.

1 Like

And now a recipe for golden syrup is bookmarked to my recipe file too, thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t realize my statement was so controversial! :rofl: Maybe I’m just the odd one out in my family then! I have done the oatmeal/butterscotch combo before, it is amazing too. Although most butterscotch just makes me want my aunt’s butterscotch blondies…runs off to see if I have the recipe

4 Likes

My husband loves those and calls them oatmeal scotties.

2 Likes

Packages are shipping! Packages are arriving! I am using too many exclamation points!!

Remember the deadline for shipping (and any last minute claims) is Monday!

3 Likes

But even if I claim on monday, I better ship out monday too, right?

3 Likes

I received!

I knew exactly who my Secret Santa was as soon as I saw the card! How cute is this festive spood!

We got a beautiful dream catcher.

And this amazingly tiny cat tree! I had no clue these were so itty bitty.

Also perfect timing, Elliott just made this tiny gnome cat.

Happy child.

Thank you so much Secret Santa. :heart:

17 Likes

OMG SECRET SANTA!!! :scream::scream: THANK YOU!!

Whoever you are, you are toooo generous :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Thank you SO much for my Etsy voucher :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I have no idea what I’m going to buy just yet, but I am so happy to get to choose something.

I’m on a very tight budget this week and this has just made my day… you made me get teary xxxxxx

:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

11 Likes

What a generous gift!

3 Likes