Secret Santa Wishlist swap discussion & gallery

That’s right-- all claims should be sent Monday, even if you make them that day. (I’ll try to respond to any messages promptly!)

5 Likes

Hi Dears,
I have received 2 packages yesterday, so let me share some awesome pictures. I’ll do them separately.

So, here is the first one from Parappa Da Rappa (it’s driving me crazy that I don’t know who is that :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: - I want to thank you … :thinking:)
So, on my list, I always have fbric bags what I can hand over - especially for Christmas gifts. Throughout the years, people always think that they can get those bags as well, so I am always in need…
Now, I do have a huge amount of awesome bags:

I looooove the card one the most, my dad is a bridge player, so it wil be a special one for him.
And have you noticed the super awesome Lettuce Craft badge too? I will have it on my monitor from now on!
Thank you so much Parappa Da Rappa :revolving_hearts:

15 Likes

Aaaand… another package from Alaska (aaaah, again, who is that? … grrr :kissing_heart:)
Here is how it looks:

Amazing Star Wars pictures for my son, super micron markers for my bullet journaling (well, I need to stay my mom away for sure…), and a calligraphy pen … I will definately re-start my drawing and writing work…
… and a package… with a handmade tag:

how cool? …
And, inside the package, look at this aaaaawesome hat:

my 2years old will be super happy! I’ll share pictures with him - most probably he will get is for Christmas!

Thank you so much, Alaska! I loove everything!

(You both made my days! We are locked down due to Covid - I have it by the way, so laying down all day, and watching movies for the 1000th times…)

14 Likes

I’m so sorry you are sick with COVID! We are in lockdown in Oregon too due to the escalating number of cases. Thank goodness for movies and crafting. I hope you are feeling better soon. :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you, Susie! Our numbers are also growing, so I guess we will have full lockown by Christmas. Good that we still can go to post offices, I’ll bring my package to ____________ tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooh, those bags are so fun, and the bear hat is DARLING!

I cut it close but am happy to say that I have all my claims going out on time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I crafted (well, wrapped) after midnight and rummaged through my stash of __________ to find some __________ might like. I should be able to send tomorrow.

4 Likes

Sendouts tomorrow! If you’re going to be late, please make sure to let the organizers know. :green_heart:

3 Likes

I just had the coolest idea to make _____ for _____ but alas, will not get it made by the deadline… I will definitely be squirreling this idea away for the next time we are in a swap together :wink:

3 Likes

Too many ideas, right? I hit my limit at two claims and it looks like both will go out in time for the deadline. Or did I send them already? Who knows? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That feeling when USPS site says your package was delivered days ago but there’s nothing in the gallery… :flushed:

bites nails and hopes package really truly was delivered to the right address/person/Krampus hasn’t stolen it

5 Likes

I like fruitcake and I also like cranberry sauce. I’m the only one in my family that eats it though. Fine by me! I dont have to share!

Funny story…my great grandfather was a drunk hobo, that’s not a dig, he would hear a train whistle and grab his pack and ride the rails for days/weeks leaving my great grandmother alone with 2 boys.
Anyway…one year he sobered up (sorta) and went to my grandparents house for thanksgiving dinner. My grandmother had made divinity candy and was waiting for it to set up and he grabbed a heaping spoon, piled it on his plate and exclaimed, “these are the best G-D mashed taters I ever eat!”
My grandmother was moritifed and story goes she never made it again!
I’ve never tried it since no one wants to have a repeat of that day!

3 Likes

sends good package vibes

Maybe they’re still just getting back from Thanksgiving. I know some people who took all last week off cause their kids are doing virtual learning so they can be basically anywhere as long as they have internet. So they had like a week-long Thanksgiving trip.

4 Likes

I received! I received! :smiley: And I’m going to be a really good girl and wait to open the package up. :innocent: Tuesdays and Fridays are my difficult days, so it will be a reward on one of these days in the next week or two!

5 Likes

I worry about that too! So far I haven’t lost a package yet. Also sending good package vibes! :gift: :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

I have received, & am evilly hoarding my packages unopened. (apparently my brain has already gone into “can’t open until Christmas” mode?)

(ok, some of the chocolate has disappeared!). I will try to get to them tomorrow when there’s supposed to be decent photo lighting, to allay anybody’s anxiety. :joy:

7 Likes

(also everything I’m aware of having arrived is marked in the 3rd post of the swap thread, so you can check if the recipient has checked in yet, even if they haven’t gotten pictures up.)

3 Likes

Yep! I make sure to check there as well as the gallery :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

I had to sit this round out just due to other life responsibilities (getting married in February and in the depths of wedding planning and getting my home ready for another person to move in then), and I’m honestly glad I did because the stress would be killing me right now, but I am LOVING looking at all the amazing gifts passing back and forth. I enjoy being excited and surprised along with y’all! :star_struck: :cherry_blossom:

7 Likes

Check it out! I got lovely goodies!!! Along side a delicious selection of chocolates I got this:

The tea towel is inspired by The Great British Bake Off. A show I adore. You never-ever want a soggy bottom on your bake! I also got a book of quotes from Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple because I love cozy mysteries. Finally I got this ornament inspired by my favorite GBBO baker, Kim Joy.

Here’s the cake from the show:

And that’s the ornament she made me inspired by that cake!

Soooo good, right!?!?

Thank you secret Santa, I LOVE and appreciate the thoughtfulness!

15 Likes