Secret Santa Wishlist swap discussion & gallery

I had a happy mailbox day! Winter Books made my day! Hopefully we get something resembling daylight tomorrow for some not-dark photos. I want to show you my gifts!

3 Likes

I received from my Secret Santa today!

A handmade card tucked in tissue paper in my favourite colours. (Attention to detail from start to finish in this parcel. Seriously).

I laughed at this guy’s words! ‘What next?’, indeed, little buddy! We’re all feeling it this year.

Here is the back. It has metallic gold around the border, it’s such a pretty card.

I peeked past the tissue paper, and look at this:

It has DRAGON SCALES all the way around it!!! It is huge and gorgeous and so very soft. I was absolutely stunned.

My Secret Santa left me a few little notes to guide me through this gift package, and I’m so glad they did. There are even instructions on how to wash and care for it. I love the giant button closure. I’m handling it gingerly because I’m so afraid to harm it, but it has such a sturdy feel to it. It’s exceptionally well-made.

I can’t imagine all the hours that went into making this. It’s beautiful, and the colours are absolutely wonderful. It’s so bright and happy and cheerful. I love it so much. Thank you :heart:

This bag was absolutely stuffed with more gifts. I kept repeating ‘oh my god’ the whole time. It’s essentially a giant care package. So many thoughtful things, all geared toward self-care. It’s obvious that each item was so carefully chosen, in my favourite colours. I’m still just stunned.

A big pink journal that feels so solid and fancy. I’ve never had anything like this. And a special pen to match, that doesn’t smudge.

An ENTIRE WATERCOLOUR SET! Inside the kit is this happy rainbow pouch, with a bunch of paint brushes, special thick papers of different sizes, a paint tray, and an assortment of paints! I’ll be spending lots of time working with these. Thank you so much for these supplies.

And more!!! Look at this beautiful zipper pouch, again, in my favourite colours. I love the blue zipper. The pattern reminds me of lots of little flowers. It is so very soft, I’ve never felt wool like this before. The tag says it’s bamboo! And of course it has care instructions included, because my Secret Santa is awesome like that :heart:. So. Much. Work. It’s fantastic.

Guess what - there were MORE gifts inside of the zipper pouch! Some fancy-looking packets of Christmas in Paris tea. These will be well appreciated as we’ve had so much snow this week, everything is cold and damp here.

Also inside, and this warmed my heart, my Secret Santa went to a really awesome-looking dragony shop. I love the card and the note they included. It made me feel like I got to visit it, too.

Secret Santa picked out some smooth crystals / stones for me. I really appreciate them. I love worry stones, and I don’t have any like these. They were sent in a blue metallic moon and stars pouch.

And a tin of lip balm that smells so good! I am looking forward to using it. It is extra special because it is made with beeswax from the hive of bees that the dragon shop keeps! This gift is just layer upon layer of awesome.

Thank you SO MUCH, Secret Santa, for making me feel so special. I can tell you have been so thoughtful in everything you’ve put together for me. It means a whole lot to me, and I am very, very grateful. You spent so much time and effort.

I respect your privacy and the mystery of the swap, but if you ever feel like chatting, please PM me. :slightly_smiling_face:

19 Likes

What a thoughtful gift (gifts!), and I’m sure your happiness and appreciation is a gift itself to your secret Santa. That scaley bag is so cool!!

4 Likes

All of that is amazing but let’s pause for a moment and appreciate THAT BAG!!!

7 Likes

Unbelievable! :grinning::grinning: well done to your very talented secret Santa :hugs::hugs::hugs:

3 Likes

Oh man, that bag is gorgeous! What a special and thoughtful package! Well done secret santa!

4 Likes

I recieved! Tomorrow’s daylight will show my goodies off best. Thank you Twinkle!

7 Likes

Seeing all that goodness and kindness that Nou received warmed my heart and destroyed my willpower to not open my parcel from Glitterati. :smile: And I have no regrets, because look!

She sent me three yummy, sparkly, squishy batts for spinning! There is so much nuanced, gorgeous color and varieties of fiber blended in, they are going to be a delight to play with. I’ve been trying to capture the rainbow sparkle with my camera but it refuses to be captured. So you’ll have to imagine an iridescence gleaming off of them to get the full effect.

Plus, a really cool mixed media card that matches the color scheme:

Thank you, Glitterati!!! Though you didn’t self-identify, I know who you are from the address. :wink: UNLESS…you used their address to throw me off? Hmm, I don’t know if it’s more appropriate to leave it a mystery or give credit where it appears to be due, when they don’t include the name in the package. :thinking: I could look at the swap spreadsheet for proof, but that would be cheating! :grin:

15 Likes

Whoa! That is beautiful batting! I can’t wait to see it spun!

1 Like

Okay, I went back and looked at the envelope and it does have a real name, so I feel better about revealing: my fibery Secret Santa is…

:partying_face: @fishstix43 !!! :partying_face:

9 Likes

Thanks for giving me an excuse to bust out the blending board, and I’m glad you like them! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This is the beautifully festive package I received, my kids are jealous. I wrapped all their presents in newspaper this year. They like my pretty present, as do I. I will open it on Christmas, but now it is bringing joy as a wrapped parcel under the tree.

5 Likes

Here’s the Secret Santa envelope I found in my mailbox:

The back was decorated too:

And it was packed full of goodies!

I was excited to see the fortune fish in there.

I now have my Lettucecraft gang badge. Yay! And lots of cat safe ornaments!

Close up of some of them. Look at the swirly pattern on the tea cup!

Kitty approved.

Bookmarks! A bit tricky to get a photo without glare. Cute cats, postage stamps (stickers I think, they look really nice). The one with plants and a message in a bottle is so fun! I can’t pick a favourite.

The backs are decorated too. I like the one that uses tea bag tags.

Close up of stamped fishy.

And my fortune on the back.

Thank you so much Winter Books! I think I know who you are, unless you decided to be sneaky with the return address :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

15 Likes

How nice! I love all the ornaments. That cat with the lights is so cute!

3 Likes

So many fabulous things to admire!! Everyone’s secret santa gifts are so thoughtful and generous, this is such a happy gallery to wander through :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

@jemimah

Welp, I was hoping I would have been finished with this by now. Turns out I have more ideas, a coffee cup with creamer and swirls like a gas giant, along with a (flying) saucer, and I want the coffee bean stars to be clear stickers. Plus I’ll have to modify the back for the frame. Meh, still, I think the idea is awesome. :smile:.

12 Likes

Such wonderful packages!!

I also received, all the way from Belgium! XD

I got these three absolutely darling snowman ornaments:

They cracked me up because I’d already loved these so much on Pinterest that I made a similar one for the ornament swap earlier this year! I was a bit sad to send it away, so it was so nice to get not one but THREE of these cuties just for me, and so beautifully made!

Thank you, thank you, my wonderful santa! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

I love what you did with it!

4 Likes

OOOOOOH! I squeeled like a little girl. I’ve already claimed these for writing the rest of my cambrian flora and fauna knitting patterns…

Gojira pencil bag? SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Wado (Cherokee)
Kolaval (Tzotzil)
Takk (Norwegian)
Thanks (don’t know this language, :smiley:)

19 Likes

I received from a special long distance secret santa today…@grabacoffee, thank you for these cute pinterest inspired snowman ornaments!

Pinterest surprises are always so fun for me because I don’t actually use my pinterest very much, so I forget quite often what I even have on there! :slight_smile:

They are so cute and are already on my tree. Thanks!

17 Likes