"SEW" banner

For the girl’s sewing teacher.

Pieced some itty bitty scraps together on batting as the base.

The letters are 2 layers of fabric with interfacing on one side, letters sewn, middle trimmed out with the corners clipped, turn right sides out & press then adhere to the scrappy base with a little fusible webbing.

I sewed around with a decorative stitch. the squares are bound with the backing fabric.

Tabs added to hang it up nicely.

28 Likes

I love the way these turned out! They are so cheery!

1 Like

Sew cute! And such great methods used to inspire sewing students! And now the teacher can USE! THAT! BAG!

6 Likes

Exactly! Use that bag!

4 Likes

Ok, you broke my brain with the turning the sewn-and-cut-out letters … how? How can that W exist like it is?!? LOL I can’t even explain how i am not understanding that process. Is there a hole left for turning? I have been staring at the process photo….

(Love the project!)

3 Likes

Now THAT is a masterpiece for hanging. #TeamUseTheBag

2 Likes

It’s just the same as doing a circle, here’s a video.

2 Likes

This is sew sweet!!

2 Likes

Oh! Ha ha ha, my brain was thinking turn like turn inside out & it was like an MC Escher painting in my head trying to figure that out. You turn under. Not turn inside out. Whew! Brain no broke now! Thanks so much for the video! :slight_smile: :heart:

3 Likes

Haha. I wasn’t following 100% either. Thanks for the clarification @Magpie! This little banner came out so great!! Love the scrappiness of course.

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure how to do the letters or if that idea would work but it does with a circle so… I just tried it and it did!

4 Likes

Tell her she can’t have this unless she uses that bag! ha ha

Such a neat and useful method to do letters!

1 Like

Scraptastic!

1 Like

Turned out so nice! Hope the bag is used now.

1 Like

“Sew” nicely done! I am sure this teacher loves you!

2 Likes

:love_letter: Woohoo! Your cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

This is fantastic!! Such a cool method too!

1 Like

I like how you made the letters and the colors are so cheery! I could see it hanging from a painted dowel rod. I hope she enjoys it! Such a sweet gift!

2 Likes

What a cool gift! It will make her feel appreciated for sure!

1 Like

Easy letters to make! I like the simplicity of your design background too. Sometimes patchwork can be eye-boggling. Keep the background white with a little pattern on the borders makes this design crisp and neat! Nice sewing room decor. Thanks for sharing.