Shark Zippered Pouch

Let me start by saying I used a free pattern. It was really wonky and I should have known better, but I like to follow patterns at least the first time because even though they may feel wrong, maybe you will learn something new. Nope, I did not. I learned to trust my instincts. Ha!
The pattern called for you to sew the entire interior and exterior and then hand sew the zipper in the mouth. And the instructions for inserting the zipper were, “Hand sew the zipper in the mouth”. Not much to go on.

This little guy was made for the box of color swap and I advised my partner to be gentle with the zipper just in case. She seemed to like him.

33 Likes

This shark is sooooo awesome! I am glad for myself that you persevered, because my day is better having seen it.

1 Like

Everything about this shark is magnificent! If you ever feel like trying to make it again with any of your adjustments you learned along the way, I’d definitely take one. :wink:

2 Likes

I think it’s great! And I love the scrappy fabrics you chose also! And I’ll gladly take a number and get in line behind @Kwality570!

1 Like

It turned out great!

2 Likes

I hate to say cute too much but it really is giving me cute vibes! What an adorable sharky-wuggums!! I think it’s the eyes. :wink: Hewwo sharkums!

2 Likes

He is absolutely stinking precious!! Man, I hate hand sewing zippers, so I feel you. But I also tend to want to follow a pattern on my first go at something, so I probably would have done the same thing. Soooo cute, though, so worth it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I love this! So stinking cute.

2 Likes

Love the scrappy, asymmetrical back. So cool!

2 Likes

It’s so frikken cute. The scrappiness adds so much to the overall look, very cool.
I know you said the pattern is meh but I’d still love to try it if you’d share the link?

2 Likes

I love it! And, I agree, if you could share the link, that would be great. And, surely it’s possible to make it without hand sewing the zipper…

2 Likes

I agree - it’s just a zippered & lined pouch! A cute finned pouch, but still! I am itching to fiddle with the pattern.

3 Likes

Well that’s pretty dang adorable!

2 Likes

It is so stinking cute!

2 Likes

Here is the link. Proceed with caution and make your own good choices. For example, they ask you to hand sew the zipper into the liner, but they don’t even interface the lining fabric. I did make that adjustment because I didn’t want everything to just rip out. If I did it again, I would sew the zipper, then sew up the sides of the exterior and interior and flip it. But if you don’t try new things, you will never learn new tricks. :wink:
@Magpie @craftADDchick @Camelama

6 Likes

Thanks for the link! Maybe I’ll try it the way it says and then tweak it on the next one. Or carefully read the pattern, make it in my head, and tweak it before I even begin!

1 Like

IT’S MINE! AND SO STINKIN CUTE!! I love it, @gozer ! thank you!

4 Likes

Oh, you are a champion. That pattern is… just, no.

And it’s “for a boy” too, lol :roll_eyes: :joy:

1 Like

Tweak ahead! I was so confused by the way they did things. Why “quilt” on light interfacing? Just iron that on. And why didn’t they interface the interior fabric? Especially if you have to hand sew the zipper to it. I couldn’t ignore that one or the ironing.

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s a doozy. Apparently, sharks are for boys. Yet shark week is for girls. Hmmmm. Oooh, this would be funny as a tampon holder. :shark:

4 Likes