Site Maintenance Updates (Ongoing)

They feel like they are yelling at us. :laughing:

2 Likes

This is my iPad today โ€ฆ usually when I tap the three bars beside my profile picture, the menu goes down the right side of my screen and itโ€™s not so stark. This has happened other times youโ€™ve done updates but it usually goes back to normal within a few hours. This has been happening all day though.

Hmm, i think it was longer, but I have also been off by about two days for the last two weeks. :crazy_face:

@sweets4ever Iโ€™ve still got strange things happening. I use an iPad and iPhone and they both appear the same so I donโ€™t think itโ€™s my devices.

Left side screenshot at 2:20 today, everything is tiny. Right side screenshot at 4:11 today, everything is normal size. The size has been changing several times a day for two days now.

My menu is still on the left side when itโ€™s normally on the right. I know from past experience this happens when youโ€™re working on the site but itโ€™s always gone back to normal.

Any idea whatโ€™s going on or how I get it back to normal?

Update โ€ฆ at 4:29 today, itโ€™s back to tiny again.

2 Likes

@sweets4ever
After an update some time ago, spelling suggestions and word completion disappeared on my Kindle Fire, but only on LC. It still works fine on other sites.
Any suggestions?

Itโ€™s rather annoying, especially since I have to change screens to get any but the most basic punctuation marks. And I have to spell out p.u.n.c.t.u.a.t.i.o.n instead of just starting it and choosing.

1 Like

Have you rebooted your devices? When the menu is on the left you are on the mobile view. When itโ€™s on the right itโ€™s the desktop view. I just switched to mobile view and even when I switched back to desktop the menu was still on the left until I turned off my iPad.

2 Likes

Yes my android still does that too.

I have this same thing happen on my ipad - sometimes just a refresh fixes it, sometimes nothing does. It is fascinating to me! I am keeping track & trying to figure what situations / variables lead to which view.

I remember investigating it when it first happened and I didnโ€™t have any luck fixing that one. Iโ€™ll see if there are any updates from the platform that could assist me.

2 Likes

I just checked and I was on mobile view so I switched to desktop and rebooted my iPad, nothing changed, menu is still on the left. Then I did the same with my iPhone but nothing changed on there either. Then I checked my laptop and the menu is on the right where it should be. Guess Iโ€™ll have to get used to the change. Sure hope the font size stops changing soon, the tiny letters are killer on my eyes.

thanks!
at least I can switch to the laptop if I desperately need to say a lot!

Iโ€™m not yet able to reproduce this on my end. Is anyone else experiencing this?

If so, can a handful of people please reply and let me know what browser & version number you are using, please? This might help me investigate. Cindy, yours as well, please? Thank you, thank you.

I donโ€™t know if this is the same issue Cindy is having, but Iโ€™m finding I can now shrink the default homepage with my fingers such that the font is smaller. This is on the Samsung Internet app for Android, v 19.0.6.3.

If I close and reopen the app, itโ€™s back to the default size.

Itโ€™s only happened on the homepage; I tried it on this thread and no shrinkage. And it hasnโ€™t shrunk on me automatically โ€“ I have to initiate it.

1 Like

Iโ€™ve been using Safari on my iPad and I canโ€™t find the version number. Iโ€™ll try switching to Chrome and see if that makes it go away.

1 Like

The site may run slowly for the next 10 - 15 minutes. Thank you!

The Help Desk is available once again. :balloon:

Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 2.20.49 PM

9 Likes

Hi, friends! Iโ€™ve been doing some updates over the last few days. Please let me know if you see any hiccups. You may notice some new features pop up. :heart:

11 Likes

Thanks for updating!

3 Likes

I was just noticing some of the new features. Thank you for all the site improvements you do and for always keeping the site running nice and smooth!

2 Likes

Hi, all! Working on some updates over the next week. Behind the scenes code and backups. Please forgive any hiccups while I test on my end. :heart:

6 Likes