Small Batch Ornament Match Swap CLOSED (Send Nov 1-11)

I’m sorry, @edel, that’s the worst! I hope you still get lots of happy mail despite the post service and customs nonsense.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry that the postal climate has taken the fun out if it. I wish things were different. I’ll have to do better at sending happy mail your way.

3 Likes

Question of the week: Do you often make handcrafted items in “batches”?

As for me, I rarely plan to do batches. But I do sometimes feel the urge to keep making the same kind of item over and over. (Looking at you, tin birds!)

8 Likes

I don’t normally do batches, but i do find one pattern/item that i like making and do it several times, but not at the same time. I usually get bored doing batches, but working on this booth has shown me how productive it can be.

Also, my supply came in so I am going to try to sneak in a little time near the end of the day to work on these.

3 Likes

I almost never make the same thing twice.

2 Likes

I think I don’t like to do the same thing over again but because I’m not great at following patterns & mostly enjoy figuring out the how of a thing means I sometimes make many many of something, just perfecting it. Like these crocheted crowns. I must have made dozens of those & many flat versions like the one on this badge. I still have 5 crocheted snow people ornaments in stash from last time I made them. I’m not sure if I can get anything made this year but we’ll see. If I get started chances are I’ll end up making 20. I can seem to help myself :laughing:

6 Likes

I do a lot of batch crafting for my holiday gift buffets (I put out a bunch of stuff I made and people take what they want). I don’t mind it. There’s still often some variation, like using different yarn for the same hat pattern. I like to figure out the process and just get into the flow. It’s kind of meditative!

5 Likes

Those crowns are darling!

1 Like

Anathema!

I used to mass produce when I did craft sales, but even then each one came out slightly different.

I like the challenge of figuring out how to make a design idea work; once I’ve done something once, I lose interest.

3 Likes

If I suddenly become obsessed with something (like the ornaments for this swap) I’ll mass batch make things, but if not, I usually don’t. I get bored easily, so I like to change things around a lot.

3 Likes

Sometimes!

2 Likes

those crowns are adorable!
(I do NOT need to learn how to crochet better in order to make those, I keep repeating to myself! Stick with what already needs to be done!)
:person_facepalming:

4 Likes

This could make a fun small batch ornament!

5 Likes

Those are cute!

1 Like

I may have made mine tonight. They didnt turn out like i was envisioning, so i might remake them…

2 Likes

If they are supposed to be a set, or have a certain amount, I batch craft before my brain finds something shiny to focus on.

4 Likes

I’m constantly making more of a thing if I liked how it turned out or I want to tweak it in some way. Likewise, I often have an identical (or nearly so) set of an ATC when I’m done making one for a swap… and then ultimately I send the better of the two.
Like mushrooms. And moths. And hand lettering names. To my point, there’s a few of each of these in a couple of the galleries. lol.

I’m really considering this one. Although I really should be finishing up a swap and making Halloween costumes that I promised I would make. Why do I do that?!? Smh

Let me what Pinterest says…… :thinking:

6 Likes

Pinterest says you should join. evil cackle

6 Likes

I’ve been trying to figure out what to make, and have gotten fixated on making flying camels. I like camels, I could trick them out with fancy saddles and stuff, and they’re even Christmas-adjacent…

But would anybody actually want flying camels?

Maybe I should revisit flying monkeys… Or nonflying camels, maybe…

4 Likes

Flying camels sound fun! Or non flying. They are really neat creatures.

3 Likes