Snow globe Christmas ornament

I used my embroidery machine to make this snow globe ornament for the ongoing ornament swap (which is a ton of fun and it’s still open! check it out - Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery :blush:).

I used glittery blue felt for the background, which really sparkles in person and I used clear vinyl on top to complete the snow globe look.

Photo credit to @Lynx, who was able to get a much better picture of it than I was.

21 Likes

It is so beautiful and I love it “snow” much! Thanks!

1 Like

that is the prettiest!!! I just broke out my machine from a couple years hibernation and I’m having so much fun with it. Do you have a favorite website for designs? I’ve been using www.UrbanThreads.com and www.emblibrary.com

3 Likes

Ooh, I can’t wait to see all the things you’ve been making!

Those are my two favorite design sites! This design came from emblibrary and another one that I’ll be posting soon came from urbanthreads. I also bought a bunch of small embroidery fonts on etsy for a pretty good price. They’ve come in handy for making quilt labels. I’ve picked up a few things from embroiderydesigns.com, which seems to be a good place to find a variety of designs, but they can be expensive if they’re not on sale.

I was using some off the bolt tearaway stabilizer that I would have to cut down to my hoop size, but after I made the above ornament, I decided to buy some precut tearaway. It’s funny how excited I am about the added convenience :grin:.

3 Likes

This ornament is just so beautiful!

3 Likes

I need to check out emblibrary! I hadn’t heard of it.

2 Likes

I love this so much. I want one! :heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

I’ve heard there’s this really fun ornament swap happening where you list your own themes…and you can get really cool ornaments like this…I just know they’d love to have you play! :wink:

2 Likes

Wow! I love this. It is so pretty!

1 Like

Now that I’m down to only one swap, I’ll go look at it. :blush:

2 Likes

This ornament is stunning. I love it!

1 Like

OMG This is amazing!!

2 Likes

This is beautiful.

1 Like

This is gorgeous! I love the vinyl; it really does add that extra snow globe oomph. :heart::snowflake:

2 Likes

I just love snow globes so this really tickles me! Brilliant to add clear vinyl to finish off the look!

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Snow Globe Christmas Ornament is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

3 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

It looks so professional and pretty. I like the addition of the clear vinyl on top.

2 Likes

Yay!! Thank you, so much!

Absolutely charming! The deep blue of the felt gives such a peaceful feeling to the scene.

1 Like