SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

I love using DPN’s for sock…I have tried two at a time and just confused myself. I also tried toe up but the heel threw me off…I tend to use the same pattern over and over and just change the leg part a bit.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried Addi Crasytrio flexible knitting needles? They look like something that could be worth trying out and I got a gift voucher for a pretty large amount of € from work.

2 Likes

I have finally finished another pair of socks for my friend. :slight_smile: Same yarn as the last pair, but now I had two half-used skeins and one new. Its so fun when the yarn is self-striping, and you might not get two look-a-likes.

And scrolling through the replies, I see that I havent posted the first pair I made for my friend. He bought yarn, so I could do two pairs. You get one pair of of two skeins, and two pairs out of three skeins. :smiley:
So here is the first pair he got, where I tried to make them look a-like.
sockr_medium2

7 Likes

Nice! Your friend is lucky.

I like that about self-striping yarn as well. I knitted a pair for myself a couple of weeks ago. I don’t try to match the socks at all.

8 Likes

They look pretty well matched !

3 Likes

:tada::tada: Announcement :tada::tada:

There is a new sitewide craft challenge contest. If you have made something inspired by this(or any other) craftalong, then this challenge is for you.
Inspired-along 2022 lettuce craft challenge

4 Likes

ooh! maybe this will motivate me to finish the sock and a half left in my Christmas sock project! haha

5 Likes

lol I have decided that 2022 is the year to finish the other socks…I have quite a few one socks that need partners!

5 Likes

So many cool socks! What a fun -along to scroll through!

1 Like

I have made a pair of socks with some left-over yarn I got from my mum. It was enough to make a pair for my niece who is 4 years old. Now I will cast on a pair for my nephew who is 2. Also with some left over yarn.

7 Likes

You can probably hear me from there yelling. “OMG I LOVE THEM!!” haha

2 Likes

I tried them. I found them to be more fiddly than DPNS. But they are worth a try!

2 Likes

My wife just bought a vintage sock machine. She has been wanting one for the last year. She’ll make a few socks, then probably quit, but it really is an amazing little machine. Good news is that we can always sell it when the interest wanes.
Anybody got sock yarn?

7 Likes

This is amazing!! I love the big old cone yarn…do you know how many socks it makes per cone? How long does it take to set up? I know it took me a long time to set up a knitting machines, which is why I no longer have it…

hey…warm feet this winter will be wonderful!

2 Likes

I know nothing! It’s my wife’s project. I’ll learn, but I am staying out of the way for now, except for the oohs and aahs and that’s so cool comments. She managed to knit a tube today, so there is hope!

5 Likes

That is really cool! Good luck to her! Post pics of her success!

2 Likes

I’ve never seen a thing like that but it looks amazing, and knitting all of this in a day is definitely faster than knitting by hand even if it’s a lot of work setting it up!

I bought some more sock yarn today. I couldn’t resist, it was cheap and the mornings and evenings are getting colder here.

2 Likes

Finished sock 1 of 6!

9 Likes

Nice! Is it early Christmas crafting? It looks very festive.

2 Likes

where did you get your yarn?

3 Likes