SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

I see cables!

3 Likes

Two whole nights of not falling asleep before the kid will do wonders for getting stuff done lol :socks::clock1030:

3 Likes

I’m super impressed with the toe of your sock!

But I have to ask… Am I the only one who thinks it also looks like a pair of panties? :laughing:

4 Likes

lol only you… :rofl:

Hmmm…maybe we could knit panties…lol

3 Likes

Lol whenever I’m working up one of the knitted “grandma’s favorite dish cloth” which is worked on the diagonal, my mom says, “knitting another bikini I see.” She insists every triangle is the start of bottoms! :bikini:

6 Likes

Y’all’s socks are a super fun thread to scroll! If I have learned anything by seeing yarn stashes and yarn projects over the years, it’s that even handmade socks can be springy!

4 Likes

They totally can! I bet some of you have lovely springtime colorways of yarn stashed around…

3 Likes

I’m finally starting lesson 3 and working on the leg. WHY does she love to start needles with a purl?! Ugh.

I also think I dropped the last stitch on needle…1 I think it is now?..which was a make one…2 ladders down. I can’t seem to figure out how to reincorporate it…

Seems like the new lesson is always a bit of a bumpy start for me! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I had to buy really strong “reading” glasses to magnify my work enough to see when something went funky. Recommend.

3 Likes

I haven’t gotten one yet but at least 3 people I know swear by this magnifying light

https://a.co/d/7ejuqyB

2 Likes

Ooooohhh prettyyyy

1 Like

Lol…I will be one of those double glasses people. :eyeglasses: :nerd_face:

I think I incorporated it ok…I had like a giant loop at the end of the needle…

I just can’t read my knitting when it’s something other than straight knit/purl. It just looks like a jumble of yarn.

6 Likes

You mean … like this!

4 Likes

I have a heel! Sort of… I need to decide of I should find another stitch holder and knit the pattern as written or if I should just graft it now. It was one of the suggested mods, but it’ll have to wait until a more reasonable time of day. Kitchener stitching an uneven number of stitches is not a nighttime activity.

5 Likes

YESSSSSS! :heartpulse: :sun_with_face: :butterfly: :heartpulse: :sun_with_face: :butterfly: :heartpulse: :sun_with_face: :butterfly: :heartpulse:

3 Likes

I sure hope you enter this into the spring contest. If ducklings aren’t “springy” then I don’t know what is!

3 Likes

What the heck did I do to this cable?! :woman_facepalming:

I’d just gotten into the swing of things, too. Looks like another frogging session in my future.

3 Likes

Is there a mirror image one on the other side to compare it to, or does the leg drop to one cable section?

1 Like

This is where I am tonight. Why does my toe shape look like a snake face and yours both look way more round? Too be fair, I did zero gauge swatching, but still this looks ridiculous to me.

7 Likes

I’ve tried mine on several times so I think it was stretched into a more round shape…when I started, mine looked exactly like yours. At first I thought I did not start with the correct number of stitches.

I bet yours will round off as well.

2 Likes