SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

Lol whenever I’m working up one of the knitted “grandma’s favorite dish cloth” which is worked on the diagonal, my mom says, “knitting another bikini I see.” She insists every triangle is the start of bottoms! :bikini:

6 Likes

Y’all’s socks are a super fun thread to scroll! If I have learned anything by seeing yarn stashes and yarn projects over the years, it’s that even handmade socks can be springy!

4 Likes

They totally can! I bet some of you have lovely springtime colorways of yarn stashed around…

3 Likes

I’m finally starting lesson 3 and working on the leg. WHY does she love to start needles with a purl?! Ugh.

I also think I dropped the last stitch on needle…1 I think it is now?..which was a make one…2 ladders down. I can’t seem to figure out how to reincorporate it…

Seems like the new lesson is always a bit of a bumpy start for me! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I had to buy really strong “reading” glasses to magnify my work enough to see when something went funky. Recommend.

3 Likes

I haven’t gotten one yet but at least 3 people I know swear by this magnifying light

https://a.co/d/7ejuqyB

2 Likes

Ooooohhh prettyyyy

1 Like

Lol…I will be one of those double glasses people. :eyeglasses: :nerd_face:

I think I incorporated it ok…I had like a giant loop at the end of the needle…

I just can’t read my knitting when it’s something other than straight knit/purl. It just looks like a jumble of yarn.

6 Likes

You mean … like this!

4 Likes

I have a heel! Sort of… I need to decide of I should find another stitch holder and knit the pattern as written or if I should just graft it now. It was one of the suggested mods, but it’ll have to wait until a more reasonable time of day. Kitchener stitching an uneven number of stitches is not a nighttime activity.

5 Likes

YESSSSSS! :heartpulse: :sun_with_face: :butterfly: :heartpulse: :sun_with_face: :butterfly: :heartpulse: :sun_with_face: :butterfly: :heartpulse:

3 Likes

I sure hope you enter this into the spring contest. If ducklings aren’t “springy” then I don’t know what is!

3 Likes

What the heck did I do to this cable?! :woman_facepalming:

I’d just gotten into the swing of things, too. Looks like another frogging session in my future.

3 Likes

Is there a mirror image one on the other side to compare it to, or does the leg drop to one cable section?

1 Like

This is where I am tonight. Why does my toe shape look like a snake face and yours both look way more round? Too be fair, I did zero gauge swatching, but still this looks ridiculous to me.

7 Likes

I’ve tried mine on several times so I think it was stretched into a more round shape…when I started, mine looked exactly like yours. At first I thought I did not start with the correct number of stitches.

I bet yours will round off as well.

2 Likes

Ok great, thanks! It’s also the largest size so maybe the quantity of increases is just greater and so it looks pointier, too. But knowing that it’ll probably round out does help.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s normal, and will still look good on the foot. There are ways of creating a rounder toe if it bothers you. Maybe for your next pair?

3 Likes

Look at this beautiful side!

I really struggled with the start of the larger cables. The way the needles were set up did not work for me. I rearranged my stitches for later rows and it was much easier, but I clearly messed up something else, lol.

My toe still looks square at the end, but I’ve tried mine on, too, and it looks totally normal on the foot.

9 Likes

Ohhh that is a beautiful cable!

2 Likes