SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

That’s my thought, exactly!

2 Likes

Luckily there’s no sock police! You get to decide what you want to use. I find it really interesting how the same pattern can look so different depending on yarn choice.

4 Likes

Still waiting on my needles but here’s my very colorful yarn!

6 Likes

Very nice…and even though it is colorful, it is tonal, which means the cables will show up nicely!

4 Likes

Love them!

2 Likes

I went to a box store to look for an economical practice sock yarn but they didnt have anything so I was /totally/ justified in stopping in at the LYS To pick up these beauties:

Of course I forgot to confirm that I have the right needles!

Road trip!

5 Likes

Woohoo!!

My needles came and they are TINY!! :flushed:

2 Likes

What size are they? What are they made of?

1 Like

Size 2. They are wood. I hope long enough. I have used zeros before so I’ve used smaller, but not much!

5 Likes

perfect

2 Likes

So, my yarn says US3 so I’ll have to do a gauge swatch to figure out what I should do for needles… grumble gauge grumble lazy knitter grumble

1 Like

I don’t know about you, but I have to go down a needle size for socks…I think it is because I have skinny feet…I like them to fit tighter…

But, I am not making those for me, so, yeah, I better check to make sure I have the right needles as well! lol

2 Likes

When I work with my 2s I feel like I’m knitting with toothpicks lol.

4 Likes

LOL ouch my poor fingers, can’t even fathom.

1 Like

I think tomorrow is Day One for the sockalong. Hopefully I have what I need.

4 Likes

Yesss! I’m ready! (I think)

4 Likes

I’m watching the video now and her cast on is blowing my mind lol I’ve never seen one like it! I already like this project for novelty alone. weee! :yarn:

2 Likes

Woohoo! I have the start of a toe! I only had to cast on 3 times lol. That start is finicky!

8 Likes

Go you! I havent had time with the yarn and no one climbing on me yet. So far just got to watch some of the video. I’m looking forward to a hot beverage and some yarn time. Soooooon.

3 Likes

@Abbeeroad, am I missing it or is there no written pattern available for this?

2 Likes