SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

Click the “Download Lesson 1” button!

2 Likes

Thanks! I thought that was just downloading the video so I didnt do it yet. Kidlet went to bed late and therefore, of course, woke up early so my “clear thinking” time has been corrupted. Lol

3 Likes

I thought the same. It definitely wasn’t clear. I was at the point where she tells you to repeat until you get to the number of stitches for your size based on the pattern when I went looking.

Haha…of course stay up late = get up early! :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

I have a toe!

Cable is next. Eek!

9 Likes

Once you do the cable a couple of times it won’t make you tremble. Good for you!
(Also: I’m jealous! Lol)

3 Likes

That yarn looks like it’s knitting up beautifully!

4 Likes

I’m so frustrated.
I have been planning all.day. to get to cast on the sockalong socks tonight and now my husband is set up right where I need to be- taking a statistics test (stats is not his friend so … back away slowwwwly, his vision is based on movement…). I can’t remember exactly where I decluttered my needles to and I can’t go digging around him to find them.
Where’s my She Shed budget!?
Sigh.

5 Likes

Stats are no one’s friend.

You’ve got time!! No pressure!

3 Likes

I am just now feeling like a human being again…ugh…whatever I had knocked me down hard and all I wanted to do was sleep!

I am feeling WAY better, so hopefully, I can start tomorrow or Saturday…I have a bunch of stuff to catch up for work, but I can sneak in some crafting time for sure!

Way to go, @Abbeeroad !

6 Likes

I’m glad you’re feeling better!

4 Likes

Thanks…I am still stuffed up but at least I can sit up and concentrate more without feeling like I am going to pass out! But, of course, now Jim is sick!

Anyway, I decided I needed some retail therapy…and yes, I confess, I bought yarn!

BUT…

Here is the deal:

I will do a drawing with the names of anyone who makes at least ONE sock this quarter…if you make a pair, you get another chance! It does not have to be part of the sockalong, but if it is, another chance will be thrown in…

So, you have THREE chances to win this prize! A choice of two colorways will be offered:

Muse Sock yarn

Sanguine Sock yarn

MAKE SOCKS!!!

If the winner lives outside the USA, a comparable prize will be given!

7 Likes

Holy foot fibers, Batman, those are beautiful!

2 Likes

They are…of course, I got some for me as well while I was at it…oh dear…I am a sucker for their yarns since I can get different weights…I was sick and probably had a fever, so it is not really my fault, right? :rofl:

7 Likes

It sounds like it was “medicinal purchasing” so I think that doesn’t count against us. I mean, we have to take care of ourselves, and a healthy stash is a healthy crafter, right? Haha

5 Likes

GORGEOUS!!

I picked up a cable needle yesterday so I’m ready to tackle the cables!

Runs off to work on socks

5 Likes

Come Hell or highwater (or the 4 year old birthday party happening at a playspace mid day today) I am starting these socks TO.DAY.

No exception. No over-rules. I have spoken.
This is the way.

4 Likes

Me, too! Something seems to get in my way and so I am just going to have to plow through and do it!!

Accountability, sister! Let’s get it done!

4 Likes

@AntBee @AIMR Let’s go!

4 Likes

Have you started yet? I just got back from the kiddie party and have put Winnie-the-Pooh on for Kidlet in the hopes that i can at least do the cast on adventure. Wish me luck that she’ll stay on the couch and not in my lap for just a little while. :yarn::tada:

Update: missed my window-

6 Likes

Aw man!

I made Mr. Road handle requests for a little while (mom, I lost my lip gloss again) so I could give the cable portion my full attention.

This is ready to start my…4th?…cable round. The color does mute the cable a bit but I don’t mind. Also, the purl at the start of the 1st needle is not clean, but hopefully it won’t matter in the final product. :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes