SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

Yes, I am hoping blocking will fix all the things!

I have been doing the holder-less cables, but I hold my breath every time!!

4 Likes

She knits so fast! I knit with my yarn in my left hand as well, but I can’t figure out how she just slips those stitches in and out with such speed and confidence!

I figure that I can give these to someone who would probably not even notice the “imperfections”…lol…we are much harder on ourselves when we see our own work all the time!

5 Likes

Continental and I are not friends. I’m convinced that’s why I abandoned knitting for so long after initially learning when I was young. A well meaning friend tried to reteach me, I didn’t realize there were two techniques at the time!

It did take me a while to see past her style in the video to translate it to my own. I thought it was going to be a deal breaker at first, but nope!

So true…these socks are for me, so I’m cool with imperfect. :smile:

6 Likes

(imagine Puss in Boots from shrek holding his hat in hand for this silliness)

I humbly apologize to the crew-ditayyy for bringing this crazy-ass pattern to the yarn in our stashes (or yarn stores as it turned out for all 3 of us!) It seemed like a good idea at the time lol. I haven’t been able to even look at it for 2 days. ha!

4 Likes

No way! I’m loving it! I have wanted to try socks and this was the perfect push. Plus, bonus cables!

It’s also fun to be doing the same pattern with other folks. Crazy or no! :smile:

3 Likes

Oh phew! I was afraid i’d be banned from future suggestions, like in the old days when someone got to pick the movie for the group and it was like Vanilla Sky or something off-the-rails. Lol

4 Likes

lol I actually love that I am learning new things even if I voice any frustrations (because of my own impatience and lack of watching the video carefully!)…plus, I had an excuse to visit my LYS and uh, purchase a few things… :laughing:

4 Likes

I’m cheering from the sidelines, y’all are doing great and it’s great fun to follow along :partying_face:

3 Likes

Things have been - trying- here so I haven’t even touched my well behaving yarn since Wednesday. Hopefully tomorrow will bring some yarn-friendly moments.

5 Likes

Started the gusset increases tonight. Things did not go well. I got all turned around. I think I forgot an increase on one side maybe? Did I just do a cable round? Those aren’t increase rounds right? Wait they are? Shoot. Op. I dropped a stitch.

I’m just mustering the courage to frog back to where I started the night. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Oh mannnnn.

I haven’t had the brain to do anything since my last post achieving the blasted toe. I was hoping this past weekend would be yarn friendly, but alas.

1 Like

I have finished another pair of thicker socks for my bestie. :slight_smile: Im so glad because he wears them so often. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Those look great! You have earned two chances towards winning the sockalong challenge!!!

Love that he is wearing them a lot! Good colors!

3 Likes

Thank you! Its so easy when yarn is striped and makes pattern on its own :smiley:

2 Likes

I love it when the yarn does all the hard work but every one thinks you worked so hard…ha ha ha…simple socks are my favorite because I just love the yarns available!

2 Likes

Talking about yarn…guess what came in the mail today?

Make socks so you can win more yarn to make more socks! ha ha

I will be caking them up ready for use…

8 Likes

Ooh, such a pretty colors! Looking forward those socks!

1 Like

They are for the prizes in this sockalong…one for the prizes, one for me…of course…ha ha

4 Likes

:heart_eyes: Sooo pretty!

2 Likes

My office in PA told me that they would reimburse me for the new office chair I purchased to work from home…that was a windfall I was not expecting, so…might need to think about where it should get spent…ha ha ha

3 Likes