SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

Oh, good grief, those are luscious. The desire they spark in my greedy little hoarder heart, oof.

1 Like

I do zero fiber crafts, and I want to be in this contest :laughing:.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Psst… Want to know a secret? There are absolutely more than two ways to do it. And that’s not even counting individual variations. As long as you end up with yarn looped through yarn in some manner it’s good.

I actually cast on some socks!

Kind of… The pattern is called Duck. :duck:

It’s a small enough project I might get it done before the baby starts school (they’re still not hatched). Also interesting enough to keep me interested, I hope. All kinds of tricky things are happening, and I learned something called turkish cast on.

Probably a good alternative for starting in the round, or increasing on both needles at once as in this pattern.

Duck uses Judy’s magic cast on for the first stitches, and that’s also a very nice one for startimg toe up knitting.

5 Likes

I am going to try this with the circular needles! Anything has to be better than the very tight and difficulty I had with my DPNS! Thanks…and that is a really cute sock pattern…

2 Likes

Starting from a tab should work ok with dpns I think.

I imagine you would get less strain, and the toe is very pretty!

4 Likes

Ok. An evening tinking session and I think I’m back where I started! Got a rhythm now so should be smooth sailing this time around. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

I’m ready to turn the heel! Whatever that means, lol.

9 Likes

Yess!! Go you!

2 Likes

Great! All you are doing is decreasing so you create the part of the sock that cups the heel! It is a little confusing at first. It is the favorite part of making socks for me!

4 Likes

Ready for lesson 3! The heel was pretty fun!

8 Likes

Wow that’s looking brilliant!

2 Likes

Thank you! The video tutorial really helps! And having LC cheerleaders/fellow pattern workers. :smile:

3 Likes

I am loving that yarn, too!

2 Likes

Excellent!! You are in the home stretch! The easiest part is next…well, except for having to make another! ha!

4 Likes

I am not making dinner tonight so hopefully I’ll be able to use my usual kitchen cleaning time for returning to my time-out suffering sock.

4 Likes

I love heels! For my first pair the coaching I got from my sister was ”just do what it says, don’t try to understand how it works”. I have passed on that advice many times for sock heels… If the pattern is well written it’s enough to just trust the process and follow the instructions.

3 Likes

So true! It was like magic!

3 Likes

I fell asleep.:woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

D’oh!

1 Like