SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

I love them! You are so good at actually finishing 2 socks in a timely fashion- I feel motivated to look at my current sock project that has been in time out for ages!

4 Likes

The toes and cuffs are so fun! I like how they are different but coordinate.

3 Likes

I kind of feel like starting a pair. I need a good project to bring to knit night next week. I’m not really feelimg any of my current WIPs, or they are too complicated.

5 Likes

The stitches are perfection & that yarn is marvelous!

1 Like

I like the shortie pairs!

2 Likes

Those look so cozy!

2 Likes

Nice @skrutt ! I love the colours as well. I like that the socks match but aren’t identical.

2 Likes

Those are really cool socks @skrutt, you’re an inspiration!

4 Likes

I went to my first in person knitting guild meet up this morning! Nice group…about 40 members, with about 20 being there today. Guess what the topic was? Knitting sock toes! We were informed that there are over 25 ways to knit a toe! The most interesting one was called the “pontoon” toe. I loved the look of the “french” toe…so pretty!

There was a woman in our group who knit 95 pairs last year!!!

10 Likes

Oh I’m so jealous! I keep wanting to see if there local knitting groups by me!

2 Likes

I’ve joined 3 groups since September, I take my crochet and they still welcome me. The Wednesday afternoon group usually has 5-7 ladies, all older than me and all from this area, they love telling stories to this newcomer and we laugh every week. On Friday mornings I rotate between two groups, one has 8 and the other averages 10-12. Nothing organized as it sounds like your group is but a wonderful way to meet with similar interests.

@Abbeeroad you should look for one.

6 Likes

Are those the socks you were going to finish by June ??

I did offer to help you keep on track … better pull out my yard whip :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m itching to cast on another pair of socks…

1 Like

haha!
Probably. I wandered off and made placemats instead. They were needed.

3 Likes

I just reread this entire thread! It gave me feels about some people that aren’t here anymore but I got to see a lot of socks grow *** & I am super inspired to try this again. I’ll start with a scarf & fat needles though, I need practice.

*** at first I just started scrolling backwards and the socks were deconstructing :flushed: so I went right back to the start. Thank you all for sharing your progress & good advice. I’m gonna do this!

6 Likes

You can do it, @Magpie!

I swatched for a pair of socks last night. Gonna start on that after my chores are done.

9 Likes

Im not sure I will make the summer socks in time, but at least I have started! Im making a cute pair of Strawberry socks and I dont know what I was thinking. They are super cute, and I really want a pair of strawberrie socks, but this edge! 36 picot to start with! (I have done 10 at the time Im writing this! :sweat_smile:)

10 Likes

oh my but those are CUTE!! Good luck!

2 Likes

They’re adorable!! Will so be worth it.

3 Likes

But you only have to do two edges! They will go quickly once the edges are done! They will be very unique socks!

I cast on for a pair of shortie socks, using the yarn that was given to me at the knitting group…

7 Likes