SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

Great colors!

2 Likes

Great! Love the colors of that yarn…

I need to post the one sock I made so I will be motivated to make the other!

9 Likes

I love the colours of this sock.

@AIMR you can do it.

Here is my current socks, it’s a mystery KAL that’s why I’ve only done the 2 socks to this point.

5 Likes

I have never made short socks before, but do you just skip the ribbing and start with stocking stitch? Are they still comfortable to wear?

1 Like

I see a very interesting pattern developing! Love the triangles so far…and I like the way you are doing the two socks…think I will buy a few more DPNs so I can do this as well!

@Immaculata there is a small ribbing on the sock to make it curl down like that…and yes, they are quite comfortable…I used this pattern because I am using leftovers from other projects and was not sure I had enough to make longer socks…I hope I have enough to make the second one! That is why I did the toe solid…to save on yarn!

2 Likes

I finished the first pair and it looks like there is just enough leftover yarn for ankle socks! So that may just be my new sock project.

2 Likes

I started a new pair of socks yesterday, with the goal of finishing them in July (unlikely, but a girl can dream). Going with dpns instead of magic loop for the first time in years in hope that it will be less tempting to the cat I’m fostering.

5 Likes

This is exactly why I have had to sneak around with yarn the past few months, and accomplished very little. :laughing: But! My foster went to her new home today (happy-sad day), so it’s time to pull out the yarn before a new foster arrives!

So, that being said, I finally admitted my cotton sock is a fail and took it off the loom.

waaay too tight to fit on my narrow foot; that’s as far as it will go, and only because i didn’t do a bind-off row.
The kicker (no pun intended) is that the number of stitches, the set gauge of the sock loom, and the weight of the yarn were all as they should’ve been for a roomy sock. The difference is using [expletive] cotton yarn. So, somehow, even with enough stitches and width on the loom, when off the loom it’s suddenly the size of a long baby sock. And even if it did fit, the yarn is so stiff. I’m glad I tried, but I’m glad I stopped, too.

4 Likes

Did someone say SOCKS? I always have as pair on the go! It’s easy knitting for my lunch break, or when I need a break from that monster of a beaded lace shawl in the background. Here’s one of my wips:

8 Likes

Beautiful colors…and I love stripey socks!

3 Likes

Thank you! I haven’t done many with contrast heels and such, but I feel like I have to with the self stripping yarns! I also haven’t done many self stripping socks. Usually it’s some tonal speckle variegated stuff.

3 Likes

I love how vivid the colors are; I rarely encounter yarns marketed as sock yarn with colors that really pop.

I was going to ask about the stripes; self-striping is such fun. Striping by carrying different yarns up the sock (thus creating a potentially irritating ridge inside the sock), or else weaving in so many ends…not so fun. :slightly_smiling_face: I’m about to throw in the towel altogether with yarn projects, but looking at your sock I can see how a pretty, self-striping yarn could convince me to do more socks later.

3 Likes

Ah yes, the weaving in of all the extra ends. I can barely tolerate the extra ends from the contrast heel and cuff, no way I’ll be manually stripping anything!
The yarn is Biscotte yarns, they mostly do self stripping, with lots of very saturated colors.

4 Likes

I finished one sock!

I may go back and make it longer, but I’m so glad to finally have one complete (after many redos) I’ll decide what to do when I get this amount done on sock #2.

5 Likes

It occurs to me that i need to get those yoga socks on the needles pronto: cousin’s b’day is the 22nd! :hushed:

3 Likes

Well, I have not made much progress at all on my sock knitting. The pair that I had started for the fiance has to be pulled back to the heels and redone. He has A VERY deep heel, had to use the Vanilla is the New Black pattern. And it’s big man feet so it’s taking FOREVER.

I want to cast on a pair for me with some Halloween yarn I’ve been hoarding, but I have obligation commission knitting for a friend :expressionless:

1 Like

Do you have enough needles that you could cast on your Halloween yarn and use it as a reward to yourself for working on the other ones? (if I spend an hour working on those other projects I get to spend a half hour working on my own Halloween fun. Or something)
Or use it as your “end of the day wind down” maybe? Like, at the end of every night you could enjoy one row until your other projects are done and then go to town on the ones for you?
If you can’t tell, I like to dangle carrots in front of my face when it comes to Yarncrafts. LOL

2 Likes

I do the same thing! Bribe myself with other projects for getting work done on more tedious ones! ha ha Probably why I have so many WIPS…lol

2 Likes

Me too! My WiPs situation is crazy! Lol

2 Likes

Working on my 2nd pair of knit socks ever! It’s a lot easier not doing scrappy socks with lots of ends to weave in. Also I just bought some metal needles to see if I’m ready to graduate yet.

4 Likes