SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

Oh I have the needles, but if I cast on those Halloween socks I will never finish my wedding shawl in time. I have a skein of Halloween yarn sitting on my desk, judging me. Taunting me to finish the shawl. :laughing::yarn:

2 Likes

Haha! I know that judgement feeling! Good luck!

3 Likes

Does anyone have suggestions for an easyish pattern with cables? I really like the one in the first picture on this thread that @AIMR posted. Even better if it has a video tutorial to go with it lol. I’m still a bit sketchy at reading knitting instructions.

2 Likes

i have a couple, lemme go digging…

OK! @sheepBlue, try one of these:

Axon socks
Speckle Socks
Fancy Socks

But here is a Ravelry Search result, filtered for free patterns of cabled socks if you want to explore more.

3 Likes

Believe it or not, they are not cables and do not require cable needles or fancy stitches…it is a mock cable and so easy to do…I found the pattern and made fingerless gloves and then hats…I think there is a video tutorial…all you do is make sure your sock leg has the proper amount of stitches…I will hunt for it and get back at you…

6 Likes

I really like mock cables.

1 Like

Thanks for all the suggestions! I have a couple of plain knitted pairs to get through first (xmas gifts!) and then I’ll get experimental :wink:

2 Likes

Ooh, that’s a clever and easy stitch pattern! Thanks!

3 Likes

Not perfect, but on the needles so that’s a win for me! I may end up frogging and restarting but for tonight i’m satisfied.

EtA: made it to here. The top is pretty loose, but hopefully still wearable cuz I ain’t turning back now! Haha

8 Likes

That looks great!

2 Likes

So far so good! If you want a cleaner top edge, I recommend trying the German Twisted cast on. It is a stretchier version of a long tail cast on. I love German Twisted for cuff down socks.

3 Likes

I finished a pair of socks this week for the almost husband.

West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4ply, cuff and toes in leftover Gynx handdyed Power Sock. Pattern is Vanilla is the New Black.

7 Likes

Turned out quite nice! Love the colors. I also like the German twisted cast on…

It looks like you have a rug similar to mine as well…lol…

2 Likes

Great minds do think alike. :laughing:

2 Likes

I love those socks! I looked up the brand and all their yarns look gorgeous.

2 Likes

Just past the heel on sock 1.

7 Likes

Excellent!

1 Like

Finished sock gift #2!

I started on #3 but the yarn is doing some annoying color pooling. I may have to switch to another yarn lol.

10 Likes

Wow! You zipped right through that pair!

2 Likes

Yeah, my crafting mojo has been pretty uninspired so at least this is a mindless sort of meditative activity I can do when watching shows in the evening.

4 Likes