Spring Bulbs Planting Guide 🌷

Back at the end of March I declared if make this pattern for Mother’s Day (May 9th this year in the US). And it is finished and ready to go!

I zipped through the first 2/3 of this project. My mental health then took a plunge (thanks PMDD :unamused:) and the last third of the project took forever. Or at least it felt like it.

I waffled back and forth whether I could really give it away but my indifference toward the end made me settle on giving it away. My mother loves plants and gardening so I thought this project would be lovely for her.

It was rainy and cold and gross today so it’ll be gifted to her tomorrow!

Pattern is by Emma Congdon/Stitchrovia from the Cross Stitcher Magazine (May 2021 issue, I think.)

Stitched on 16ct Aida, off white. Approximately 9x11 inches I think.

Here’s some more close ups:

31 Likes

Oooo! I love an infographic, chart, etc. rendered in needlework or some other craft or art medium and this one is so dang pretty to boot!

4 Likes

Oh my, that turned out beautiful. It was fun seeing progress and now completed.

2 Likes

This turned out so beautiful! Stunning work!

That’s beautiful! What a wonderful gift.

1 Like

Lovely and useful!

1 Like

Gorgeous! I bet she’ll love it!

1 Like

It’s beautiful!

1 Like

It turned out beautiful and it was fun watching your progress! I know the struggle of finishing something that you were so enthused about at the start, but you did it!

It will be a lovely gift that you still can share when you visit with your mom. It is also informative and the little details are delightful!

You do very precise work and it shows.

3 Likes

It’s stunning my friend. :heart: :tulip: :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Just gorgeous!

1 Like

Loved watching your progress and the final piece! Hope your mom loves it as much!!

PMDD does suck - I had to totally alter my diet to have relief which I now do but I also have no sugar UGH somedays I just want the sugar!

2 Likes

Gosh, that turned out so beautifully. Makes me want one. We are out of wall art space however. I wonder if I could stitch bits of the pattern for a flower book… I really like how it turned out, you did a great job with it. What was your mom’s reaction?

1 Like

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the beautiful color on the top complemented by the greige color on the bottom. So pretty!

1 Like

Wow! Beauty AND function!

1 Like

I could see this on the vinyl Aida and incorporated into a garden inspired bag as well!!! No need to have wall space!

3 Likes

This turned out so beautifully! It’s such a great design your work is so neat. Love it! :heart:

1 Like

She loved it! She kinda already knew about it a tad since I like to sew at her house when I’m there. She didn’t know for sure if I’d be able to part with it or not.

I’m terrible at keeping presents a secret.

4 Likes

This is so pretty! Your stitching is perfect!

2 Likes

It is wonderful!
I would love to get a gift like this, and I bet so did your mum.

2 Likes