Starry Skyscape on Wood

Yesterday was Art Day in homeschool land. The boys love to paint and insisted that I join them. So, I’ll share my little project. They like to tease me a little, because the only thing I really paint is stars. I can’t wait to hang this in my basement library!

I picked up this little slice of birch wood at Hobby Lobby and some screw-on brass hangers for the back. It made for a nice, smooth painting surface. I used craft-grade acrylics.

29 Likes

Wow! That’s beautiful!

1 Like

First, yeah for homeschooling :tada::tada:

Second, that’s a beautiful painting.

2 Likes

Wow!! This is gorgeous :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks so much! :heart:

As they say, practise makes perfect. Lovely!

1 Like

You definitely excel at starry night scenes! What a lovely addition to your basement!

1 Like

Thank you!

How can you run out of sky to paint? It’s infinite! I love the idea of the universe being in a small slice of tree.

1 Like

Just gorgeous, and I love what you chose to use as your canvas. Amazing!

1 Like

Wow! That’s really pretty!!!

1 Like

Thank you! :heart:

Beautiful! You rock the skyscapes!!

1 Like

Mesmerizing! It reminds me of being up in the mountains.

1 Like

Thank you!

I’m afraid I live too close to a city to get a decent view of the stars. I dream of having a cabin in the middle of nowhere where the sky looks like this on a clear night.

3 Likes

That is absolutely dreamy! GORGEOUS!

1 Like

Stunning! Love the colors and the mood!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m going to try using some reference photos next time, I think. There’s a local photographer (Michigan Milky Way) that does the most gorgeous night sky pictures, and I’d love to try something closer to reality.

Pretty!

1 Like

What a sweet painting. The sky looks like it’s on fire with hot-cool purple light.

1 Like