Stash lap blanket

I was going through my stash, inspired by the 2024 DeStash Along thread.

I had three balls of gifted pink acrylic that had been in my stash for a while. I’m not a fan of the white, beige and pastel colour combo, but I had those colours in stash and they made the pink colour appear much softer. I’d done a square granny blanket before do I decided to go for rectangular this time.

The beige yarn is from the 1970s or 80s and comes from my late grandma’s stash. The white yarn is the only one that still had a label (Scheepjes ColourCrafter) and was a leftover from a swap project. The other yarns are a similar weight.

When I started this I didn’t have anyone in mind but Mr. Imma suggested a relative and she’s going to get it today. I didn’t measure but it’s a generous lap size, maybe about 40" x 60" (100x150 cm)?

21 Likes

This is really a lovely combination of colors! What a lovely gift to receive…functional and nice to look at…and how great to be able to use up stash!

1 Like

The colours work really well together! (And remind me of neapolitan ice cream :grin:) I like the rectangular take on a granny square, too.

3 Likes

Yay for using stash! It came out great!

1 Like

it’s lovely!

1 Like

What a lovely gift for your relative! It looks both delicate and cozy which is perfect for taking off the almost-spring chill.

1 Like

It is nice, bright blanket and a great gift. :orange_heart:
Yay for using stash!

1 Like

Very sweet!

1 Like

What a lovely gift!
And YAY for using up stash!

1 Like

I’m not a super fan of those colours either, but I think you did a fantastic job of turning them into something attractive and practical, it looks great! You really made the most of that stash yarn!

3 Likes

The first thing the new owner said was “those are my favourite colours!”. I’m glad it now lives with someone who likes it and will use it. And I’m glad the yarn is finally out of my stash, I used up three full skeins of pink, three partial skeins of beige and a full skein of white.

8 Likes

That is perfect! Happy all around :smile_cat:

2 Likes

:white_heart: :yarn: :scissors: Congratulations! Your sweet Stash Lap Blanket is a Featured Project this week! :scissors: :yarn: :white_heart:

2 Likes

This turned out really pretty! Glad to hear that the recipient was pleased with it!

1 Like

I love these colors. It looks so cosy!

1 Like

I do think the colors look like ice cream. What a wonderful gift!

2 Likes

Such a lovely blanket and how awesome that it includes your grandmother’s yarn!

1 Like