Stripy Scrappy Bunting

I made this stripy scrappy bunting for Kwality570 in the Sew Scrappy swap. I’m so happy with how it came out and was obsessed with it as soon as I made it!

And here’s what it looked like before I cut it up

It was my first time making bunting and I’m really happy with how it came out. I need to make another one for me!

23 Likes

Oh my goodness! What is not to love about this???

1 Like

Wow, this is so bright and festive! I love how the scraps go in different directions. I would be obsessed too!

2 Likes

This is just the coolest!

1 Like

I love everything about this. I have had buntings on my to-do crafts list for a long while now and this beauty is really motivating me to take the plunge. I love how you made each side a little different with the striping arrangement, that is so cool. I would have had to make someone else pack it to ship it for fear I’d kewp it for myself! Lol

3 Likes

Haha I thought about it :joy: but I knew she’d love it as much as I did so I had to send it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love everything about this! I don’t think I could have parted with it.

1 Like

This is magically charming! The piece your started with is all the things, and each flag of the bunting is sweet, but all together they’re darling! I’m trying to wrap my head around how it was done… like, what was the original shape of the triangle before folded? Just a bigger triangle? Maybe I should finish my coffee?

3 Likes

I think this was the video I used.

After sewing all the strips together I cut them into squares

Then fold them into triangles with right sides together and sew along one side. Then turn them right side out and they look like this

7 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhhh! Thank you for the explanation and the link! It was that extra tab at the top that was throwing me as I tried to get 3D in my undercaffeinated brain! This seems like a quicker way than the old-cut two triangles, sew right sides together, turn, press method and I may give it a try for an upcoming event!

3 Likes

That video was great! This might actually get me over my fabric-cutting hurdle. Which would be great cuz I’d like to make one before the kid is in that “too old and too young to like it” phase. lol

3 Likes

I really adore your bunting. :blue_heart::purple_heart::green_heart:

1 Like

The bunting is so happy. Yes you need to make more!

2 Likes

The tone of the colors and the construction are fantastic. It has just the right flare!

2 Likes

This is amazing!

1 Like

The dot & x fabrics work so well for this!

1 Like

Here it is in its new home! I love the pop of color it brings to the window. Looking at it almost makes me not notice how dirty the window got this winter. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That looks lovely, such a nice view too.