STS 2020 Discussion

I claimed @artsycandice’s Capricorn Zodiac pendant. So cute!

3 Likes

Hi, I used to participate a few years back and had great feedback. I was wondering if we have to start from scratch in order to join. For example, one of the rules are to be a member for at least a month and have done 2 successfully swaps in the past. Would I have to do that first in order to join this swap? My username was the same on the old site. Thanks!

3 Likes

Ahhhh STS!!! I love this swap sooo much. I’ve been a crafting funk lately, but this may be the kick in the butt I need. I will have to see what I have to offer for completed projects.

6 Likes

Hey Charisse!
Welcome to LC! I’m glad you found us!
I remember you :slight_smile: If I am not mistaken, I think I claimed some floppy disk notepads from your shop many moons ago!
You would have to be a member for at least a month before you’re eligible to take part in any swaps on LC.
While you probably won’t be able to join the STS right now, I look forward to seeing you around our new home and in future swaps!

Yes, I had some floppy disc notebooks in my shop. Ok, no problem. It will give me some time to craft and build up some inventory once I can join this swap again. Can’t wait to be eligible to join! In the meantime, it’ll be fun to window shop and check out all the shops that are participating.

4 Likes

Mel! Another familiar face. Seriously, I’ve missed seeing my STS peeps!
I was reorganizing my stash of yarns and fiber and came across some that I claimed from you many rounds ago :slight_smile: Good to see you around!

I’ve seriously thought about tagging all the people who have joined past rounds of STS but decided not to spam them :stuck_out_tongue:

Now that I think about it, I also claimed a coin purse made from a carton of orange juice? Was that also your work?
Yes, I really hope to see you in future rounds!
Based on your past STS swapping record, I would be willing to give you a pass on the 2 successful swap rule (which is just an STS, not LC swap requirement), Having said that, there are many interesting swaps going on in this community, so it’s not difficult to meet that requirement :slight_smile:

You should totally send them an invite! Open swaps aren’t on everyone’s radar.

2 Likes

We could make it a group effort so I’m not blacklisted as a spammer :wink:
Tbh, I was trying to be mindful that some people might not be comfortable with swapping right now.
Then again, I really miss the community of STS swappers. So I’ll start,
Where you gals at? @alteredmommy @kayrun @RaraAvis
I need more caffeine…

3 Likes

Totally fair. The post office can be scary! I am going to attempt printing postage at home for the first time.

1 Like

I’m probably going to use the automatic kiosks as much as possible…unless I have to send something to an address that is not in the USA. Are you using a particular service for printing postage at home? I would love to try that sometime!

Someone suggested Pirate Ship to me. I haven’t tried it yet, this swap will be my first time. Has anyone else got suggestions?

Ages ago, someone (can’t remember who!) suggested that I check out PayPal’s shipping option. Does that ring a bell?

1 Like

No. Hopefully some of the other STSers have suggestions for us!

Yes, that was me too. I’m really big on upcycle crafting. OK, that sounds good to me. I’ll check out the other swaps and see if there is anything I’m interested in. Thanks!

Upcycled crafts are fab! Definitely poke around to see what else is on Lettuce Craft!
And don’t be a stranger…you’re always welcome to hangout in the STS discussion thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also more swaps will be opening in the next few weeks. Follow this board for the most recent activity and swap discussion: Round 4 Swap Poll Voting 9.10-9.17

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

Ahh I miss y’all. I am just a little unsure of the postal situation right now. Has anyone ever mailed internationally from printing postage, etc? I’m not sure how to do it.

5 Likes

It’s been a few years, but I’ve used Endicia for both domestic and international postage. It was pretty easy.

I haven’t used the USPS for international, but the USPS click and ship does have an option for shipping internationally. I think I have used it once or twice for domestic postage.

Lately I’ve been using either the self serve kiosk or paypal shipping. But I’ve only used them for domestic shipping labels. I don’t know if either one does international. does anyone else?

2 Likes