STS (Shop the Swap) 2024 Fall Market Discussion

This is more relatable than you can imagine…. :joy:

1 Like

Oh no! I’m glad she’s okay! Hopefully dealing with insurance isn’t too much of a pain.

1 Like

I don’t mind shipping these in a small box. :blush:

1 Like

Hi all! I made a slight change for messages. I forgot to leave a note for myself from last year about it.

When you Claim/Send/Receive, please include the two usernames in the subject line. This is just another helpful way for me to keep track.
It would look like this:

To: @STSorganizer @LC4Life
Subject: STS2024 Claim - LC4Life to MissCrafty
Send by September 29
LC4Life to MissCrafty - miniature felt plushies - (2)
Jane D. Oh
123 Veggie Patch Field
Anywhere, ZZ 987645
USA

Don’t worry if you’ve already sent me a claim message.
Thank you! :smiling_face: :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Sorry, @RRMother @saintcady @Mountains_and_Clouds this cannot be someones first swap due to the number of exchanges that happen during it.
At Lettuce Craft we guarantee our swaps in case of people flaking. if you joined this swap and made 5 claims, we would have to find fice people willing to send packages out with nothing in return. That is the reason why this cannot be a first swap.
for cases like the ATC swap that has multiple claims you can only claim one to begin with and wait for it to be received before you can claim again. But since this has points that have to work out it isn’t possible.
BUT, you can start making things for next year. This has been an annual swap for some time now. That is what I am having to do because I didn’t plan well enough this year. I am kicking myself because it looks like it is going to be an awesome swap!

6 Likes

Me too! I’ve been walking around my house trying to see if I had enough already done projects to open a shop :joy:

8 Likes

I mean…that sounds like a completely reasonable plan to me. You have been painting up a storm this year. As long as you have the minimum to open and add the occasional item, you could keep the swap lowkey. I’m such an enabler.

8 Likes

Oh bummer! Hmm… did the swap rules have an addendum for STS that I missed?

@Mountains_and_Clouds is good, I think you mean @Reese52

2 Likes

Yes, @Mountains_and_Clouds is good, but she responded by saying it was okay to join as your first swap. I was making sure she knew, too.
I was mainly responding to @RRMother s post and her question, but this does apply to Reese52 as well and anyone else who has not joined a swap before.
As I mentioned, if someone has 5 points and buys five things and then flakes, we have to find five Angels. In the past, we have tried to keep Angeling low and, as Mods, have taken on much of it ourselves. We also have to keep track of all of it.

5 Likes

Thanks all! I thought that was the case, but couldn’t find it in any of the rules. So sorry!!

3 Likes

I started my shop post! I still need to take a few more pictures and measurements before I’m done with it, but I hope to open soon! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Just added 2 grab bags! :purple_heart::purple_heart:

5 Likes

Join usssssss…… :smiling_imp:

:rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Ok y’all so sorry I had a market this past weekend, and accidentally had two photos of pieces that aren’t available. (Luckily, not the claimed ones!) So they’re swapped out with similar ones that I DO have on hand. Thanks, brain. And although probably nobody noticed, many apologies in case anything is/was confusing!

Also, just an action shot of some little watercolor palettes that I actually use and carry around with me. (They work well with a water brush or any travel brush and a bottle of water!)

9 Likes

OMG! I LOVE these! Perfect in altoid tins. Now, to include mini brushes. lol

4 Likes

I will have my shop open tomorrow. Trying to get one more thing completed and then take some photos. The photo taking stresses me out!

I can never figure out the lighting.

6 Likes

Hahaha! I still have the hairs from a giant sumo brush that fell apart a few years ago, with the plan of making tiny brushes eventually….

6 Likes

Ug, I hate taking photos too. I never want to get out and set up an actual light box, but then look at my results and think “man, I should have set up a light box” :laughing:

8 Likes

Natural light will always give you the best result, so taking pictures next to a sunny window with the indoor lights off, or on your porch. I take all my pics on our front porch on a little white table I love that has some interesting weathering. I also temperature correct, crop, and rotate in the Photshop Express app on my phone (free version) if needed.

6 Likes

Editing question. Is there a way to post pictures that are smaller? I have some details pictures that show what some of the buttons say. I was wondering if it was possible to make these pictures smaller? And if you click on them they get bigger?

1 Like