STS (Shop the Swap) 2024 Fall Market Discussion

100% agree! I never know if I’m over or under-pricing things.

4 Likes

When I did STS I used swap sizes as a starting point for pricing then adjusted as necessary.

4 Likes

I also suck at swap sizes :joy:. But that’s definitely a great rule of thumb for the non-swap-size challenged.

To be clear, I suck at them because I can spend an insane amount of time on a small item. So by hours it might qualify as a medium or large but by item type it’s a small. :woman_shrugging: I err on the side of going “bigger” if there’s ever a question or just generally make whatever pops into my head even if it’s technically a medium or large for a small swap.

4 Likes

My shop is open! There are lots of amigurumi! :grin:

5 Likes

I will get some stuff photographed and put in the swap eventually.

I’m limiting my computer time, so I won’t be as fast an organizer as last year with this swap.

6 Likes

My shop is open and I’m happy to take requests!

I’ll get more things done as we go, but if there’s anything you have in mind just holler!

5 Likes

@saintcady and @jellybean which fish hat did saintcadu buy? You have the blue one marked as sold but saintcady has the pink one on their claim.

1 Like

I believe @Mountains_and_Clouds snagged the blue and I the pink. But maybe I was premptive in posting that I claimed it? Perhaps I’m supposed to wait for a message from @jellybean ?

1 Like

It looks like the blue one went to Mountains_and_Clouds. I’m guessing that Saintcady put the pink one in their claims list when they claimed it. When the organizer and jellybean get to their messages, the first one who claimed it correctly will get it. So both hats are appear to be claimed.

3 Likes

Sorry! Happy to take it back if I got it wrong! I’m now remembering that timing is tricky with this one.

1 Like

I always copy and paste directly from my claim message to my list so I keep track of the details. You didn’t do anything wrong. :smiley: Whenever they log back in they’ll let y’all know who claimed it first. Clearly, more of those fish hats need to be offered… :fish: :blue_heart:

6 Likes

Darn, I was thinking of claiming the pink one, which is why I asked lol

2 Likes

Yes, Mountains_and_Clouds has the blue & you have the pink. :slight_smile:

@Manders - I’ll tag you if I make more! I’ll have to see what I have in my stash. :grin:

7 Likes

Ack sorry all. I can’t crochet my way out of a paper bag, so I had told myself that I’d try to claim one of those hats if I managed to see it on time once @jellybean finally opened up. :grimacing:

4 Likes

No apologies, I was eyeing them too. :grin:

4 Likes

Yay please do! :purple_heart:

And definitely no apologies needed lol

2 Likes

Finally going to get my Q in this weekend - too busy doing interview prep this week!

8 Likes

Yes, both the blue and pink fish hats have been claimed.

Great to have you back, fishstix43!

I forget we have such a long sign-up time. Shops don’t have to be open until 9/19!

7 Likes

My shop is now open!

5 Likes

Mine too!

Let me know if you want better pictures of anything, I know mine aren’t always the best. Should have some papercraft stuff up eventually, but I couldn’t wait to get spending! :joy:

6 Likes