STS (Shop the Swap) 2024 Fall Market Discussion

Cuuuute!

I’m thinking sofas or chaises that I can make cushions for. Old fashioned styles (Victorian are my fave).

4 Likes

Ooooh cookies sound amazing.

I vote more artwork lol You have made really cool other stuff though, so really whatever you’re inspired to do. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Ahh thanks for checking on colors for a Jayne hat!

@Tapestry Personally, I think your art is beautiful, and I’m looking forward to the arrival of my (first) piece from you!

Ok, now I have a chance to go shopping and see some of the new stuff!

5 Likes

Aww, thank you!

I have three more art pieces in-process, two ATCs and a 4x6. I just posted the sketches in the snapshots thread if you want a sneak peek.

Assuming of course I don’t wreck them when I break out the paint :rofl:. Which is entirely possible.

@Manders - I’ll do my best on the cookies! Or maybe some yummy little mini muffins. If I post them it’ll be Sunday because they’ll need to go out first thing Monday via Priority to ensure they arrive fresh.

5 Likes

Muffins also sound great. :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

I could knit you a Jayne hat. I’m not @jellybean level of knitting, but I have done hats before, I found a pattern on Ravelry you could take a look at, and it has the duskier colors that are truer to the show, imo. Actually, I looked at the comments for the pattern and found yarn that was still in stock in the colors and had had success with them. One was discontinued, but I think they just rebranded it from “Caramel” to “Chana Dal”.

Now that I’m thinking about it, I’m going to go ahead and buy the yarn and make the hat anyway. If you’re not interested, that’s okay cuz my son probably will be (even though the only people that would get the reference would be a few teachers).

7 Likes

That’s how you spot the cool teachers.

7 Likes

For sure :smiley:

For longest time I didn’t know Firefly, but I loved the movie Serenity. Blew my mind when I found the show

4 Likes

Just added some jewelry to my shop!

4 Likes

A fish hat is definitely on my radar. Maybe even a few, for the grandkids. :grinning:

6 Likes

I don’t feel like that great a knitter! If I go too long between knitting projects, I have to look everything up to make sure I’m doing it right. On ravelry, my knitting project pages are full of tutorial links for anything that’s not a basic knit or purl and reminders on where my working yarn goes or which way the yarn wraps around the needles. :laughing:

4 Likes

Ohhh thank you so much for looking into it, and I would definitely be interested!!

Also, @Manders oh my gosh!! The movie is great, but I never thought of it as a stand-alone film!

2 Likes

My husband was the one who told me about the series. It was magical. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Modest!
I have to look up stuff as well. I can’t tell you how to make a bobble off the top of my head.

4 Likes

Ok all, I just did my best to spend my way back down to 0 and get some more points out into the economy! YAY!

(I hope I didn’t mess anything up. My brain was fuzzy last night as I was falling asleep trying to make some claims. :grimacing:)

7 Likes

I added the suncatcher I got from @saintcady to a pompom wall hanging I made:

How’s that for a color match!!!

Thank you @saintcady!

p.s. I added a set of witch bells to my shop.

11 Likes

Ooohhh beautiful colors!!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Those colors are gorgeous and I love the witch bells!

1 Like

Just updating that I went through my inventory and added a few things to my shop.
There are some more mini vases, as well as a few other miniature pottery items. The sun was so bright, so hopefully my photos are okay. Please let me know if anyone is needing different pictures!

4 Likes

Whoops! I had mis-read and thought points stayed pending until the package was received not sent. I will fix my records and shop tonight!

2 Likes