STS (Shop the Swap) 2024 Fall Market Discussion

What a cute idea to put his quills in the mini vase!

2 Likes

Y’all gave me the idea by mentioning using the mini vases to hold cat whiskers!

4 Likes

I just received mine!

Perfect for these tiny little roses I dried back in the spring.

Thank you @Mountains_and_Clouds! I love it!

12 Likes

Adding some Christmas gift bags to my shop!

5 Likes

Ahhh so fun!! Thank you for sharing!

I still need to get some photos of my amazing things that arrived here yesterday!

4 Likes

OMG, I love this adorable mixed media piece from @Tapestry! Now I need to commandeer a frame from some lesser print on the wall and find the perfect spot for it!

Also, I am SO EXCITED to play with this yarn from @fishstix43 !! It’s so beautiful!!

And the yipyip was getting harassed by a kitty almost immediately, so it’s high up on the wall hanging out with the bari uke until I can find a better home for him! :rofl:

Thank you all! I’m so glad I finally joined this swap!

10 Likes

lol - Every time I finish an amigurumi I show it to my dog, Pilot, and he tries to eat it. He doesn’t recognize the difference between a dog toy and ART! :rofl:

5 Likes

LOL! They’re just our official import inspection officers and/or quality control inspectors!

Oh! Also, I’m organizing things and will hopefully have a few more different pottery things up soon if anyone is interested. (I did just list one human sized mug… please let me know if you think 5 points is ridonkulous, but I was factoring what I sell them for, and packing supplies/shipping as well) But also wondering if anyone would be interested in other wall art? (Acrylic and/or watercolor paintings?) I have a few canvas pieces from my gallery show last month and I know I have some watercolors somewhere!

Heehee, like this little 7”x7” acrylic painting…

8 Likes

I don’t think it’s too many points. I also just claimed it and I hope nobody was ahead of me!!!

6 Likes

It’s yours! :wink: THANK YOU!

2 Likes

It wouldn’t have been there long if you didn’t claim it lol

5 Likes

I should be caught up now.

The yarn for the Jayne hat came in today!

7 Likes

I’ve once again spent all my points and will be contemplating things to add to my shop. I have a bunny paintbrush rest, a 4x6 ghost painting, and a frog ATC all in progress. But also trying to think of a few non-art items I can make. We’ll see.

6 Likes

I knew I should have gotten my act together and sent out today! I’ll spend what I can tomorrow and make sure to send everything on Monday - not trying to intentionally hoard points, just got busy. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Working on an STS project this weekend, but it’s on delay until 7am-11am tomorrow when some supplies arrive. I was trying to make do with stash items, but it just wasn’t working the way I wanted it to.

I tried to go to my normal fabric shop, but they closed at 5 and don’t open again until Tuesday and Michael’s didn’t have what I needed. :rage:

I’ve stabbed myself about 30 times with needles and pins so my fingertips could use the break anyway. :joy:

5 Likes

Added some books/supplies, trying to decide what else.
Does anyone want:
Keychains
Stiff crochet bowls
Amigurumi
Crochet play foods
Necklaces/bracelets
Small boxes
Dice (or trinket) bags
Scarves
Needle felted animals
More suncatchers
Pot holders or dishcloths
Stuffy or doll clothes
Picture frames
Magnets

Supplies:
Yarn (store bought or handmade)
Needle felting wool
Stamps, ink pads
Custom stencils
Laser cut shapes or kits
Stationary
Beads

Obviously, an interest here is not a commitment to swap, just trying to see which way to go.

5 Likes

My daughter always wants amigurumi! Depending on the design, I have a soft spot for stamps, am in search of embossing folders, always love stencils (I really want some of the Tim Holtz ones but they’re sooo expensive). Magnets are also appealing depending on design as they make lovely presents.

I have my eye on your laser cut atc blanks. The tag blanks as well because I could paint them with Chalkboard paint to make reusable tags, which I always need.

3 Likes

Awesome reply, thanks. If you have any particulars in mind let me know, but either way off I go!

2 Likes

Any stencils like these would be wonderful:

Or these

Or art deco patterns!

6 Likes

I think a lot of these crafted items sound nice. I’m all about subject matter. I would enjoy seeing more geeky themed projects. (Like a pokemon themed trinket box, anime themed amigurumis, etc.)

As for supplies, I’m doing a personal swap that requires some needle felting wool, so I bought some supplies for that. (More needle felting wool would be fun since I’m making another one)I’m planning on making another one for STS because I’m super excited about it.

5 Likes