Swapping: Under Construction

Thanks, @sweets4ever and @kittykill
We definitely appreciate it and understand that these things take time! I’m trying to force myself to keep logging in to Lettuce Craft, but I keep forgetting since I haven’t had much of a purpose to craft without that swapping mojo. Maybe I need to add a reminder on my phone. :smile:

6 Likes

We know you guys understand and are working hard…much appreciated. Nowhere else are we able to express our feelings and frustrations and be received with kindness and understanding…we must be patient, and our minds know that but sometimes the heart of creativity does not (look, bunny!)…we love you all for giving us your all…in the meantime, I am going to be start stalking…hee hee another favorite thing of mine for swapping

7 Likes

Thank you… :heart:

I know it is frustrating. :frowning_face:

I actually said that phrase out loud today. :laughing: We see probably three dozen bunnies every day and I still cannot help myself. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Any swapping on disc ends up with the content here so it’s a win-win!

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to swapping again, but might only be able to do it in the summer. I am so busy during the school year! And, I’d like to branch out with the swaps I join. I used to do a wider variety, but then I ended up sticking to one or two (TM Patches :heart: ). I might jump in to an ATC Swap, even.

2 Likes

OMG yes please! Why wait? You can make one in as little as 1\2 hr, claim so’s I can claim you!

2 Likes

I’ll have to dig out my ATC kit- my sister got me into them years ago (mostly so I could join her at a meetup) and gave me a box of supplies for Christmas that year. It was a lot of fun! Collage is not my strong suit, so it could be a low-commitment way to practice. I know I don’t have to make them as collages, but my drawing skills are way worse…

1 Like

When I started I used fabric instead of paper, lol!

3 Likes

So in the interest of getting in our swapping fix while the mods work on the functionality for Lettuce, I am going to go ahead and post the Effin Birds swap on Discord. if you aren’t on Discord but are interested just send me a msg!

3 Likes

I haven’t seen any Harry Potter swaps on the list. I’ve done so many diffrent ones, one tiny thing, one awesome thing, there were also ones for diffrent times of the year. I tried doing a swap with a facebook group, and it made me miss the craftster swaps. The survery and guidelines weren’t as detailed. It was also supposed to be a surprise so i couldn’t communicate with my partner. It was really hard to know what to make, and how much time to put into it. My partner was happy in the end, but I found the process stressful. Looking forward to better swaps in the future

1 Like

It would be fun to do a “What I like about you” swap. Sort of invite your partner/make a friend swap but crafting something around what you really like about the person (their style, the outlooks, the crafts they do).

4 Likes

I love this idea!

1 Like

Yeah, me too! @kittykill, that makes three liking it! :grinning:

1 Like

Red Rover, Red Rover, will swappers come over? :smile:

6 Likes

This is awesome, but one would need to know their partner to know what he/she likes about the person.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

See if you can drum up someone to host it, so it can be included in the vote. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I can’t organize, but I want to throw two swap ideas out there:

-A Lettucecraft/lettuce themed swap. Especially with the spring practically here, it could include garden related lettuce things.

-Frugal living swap. I need more washcloths and bags to carry food in.

2 Likes

I can’t organize either atm, but I’d love a frugal living swap!

1 Like

I’ll happily host an HP swap when swapping is fully open. :slightly_smiling_face::zap::heart:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for making this happen! Swaps are such an integral part of how I met and interacted with people on the old site. I am excited to see it starting again here!

5 Likes