Swapping: Under Construction

I am interested to hear more about this, @racky

1 Like

NO WAY?? I was just getting ready to hit you up for a personal swap, 'cuz your lettuce head is divine! danggggggggggggggg

1 Like

I am also interested in what the options are for swapping. We launched an WWP Imbolc swap on Disc and at least one of the swappers has mentioned a preference for getting of the app as soon as able.

Maybe I can swap you once I get the real deal. I really do want to try making another lettuce. Can you imagine the revolt I would have had on my hands? Ten Brownies pouring their souls into their art only to find out it can’t be baked? I’m sooooo glad I caught my mistake before the meeting.

3 Likes

I’ve worked with poly clay a lot and I still bought the unbake stuff once. And didn’t realize it until AFTER I baked my items. what a mess.

1 Like

Your pain turned into their benefit, though! Because they would have been devastated!

@ rscowtown

Are we gonna have a lettuce swap?:leafy_green:

I think a Lettuce swap would be really cute. I even have some lettuce fabric just in case.:wink:

3 Likes

It still turned out cute and you got some good practice.

2 Likes

Likewise-- a bunch of people in the Little Good Things swap would like to move over here; would it be possible to do gallery/discussion threads for ongoing swaps, even if feedback isn’t a thing yet?

2 Likes

Oh my goodness. That was the little Santas you made, wasn’t it? What a tragic disaster! :frowning:

I’ll have to check with @sweets4ever about this.

I hope everyone can be patient with us on the swapping front. We have been on this platform only 2 days longer than you have, so we have the same learning curve you do, plus we’re trying to see how to work best with what we have. We’re having to build the swapping feature from the ground up. Believe me, we want it ready quickly, but we also want it right.

19 Likes

Not trying to rush any functionality!! Keep up the heroic work! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It was! It was good practice for the next set I made! :rofl:

First post over here. It’ll be fun to learn something new. I love the lettuce and can only imagine the frustration of it being no harden. Oof. Happy new year :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Nice! I participated in some swaps ~10 yrs ago and had fun/learned a lot. One of my faves was the embroidered tea towels that were sent around the group so when you got it back, your tea towel had embroidery from 7 different swappers. :heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

@sonjabegonia I’ve heard many people talk about this swap, but it happened yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs ago. I would love if you could at least specify a topic (e.g. dogs, rainbows - this is sure to catch @Magpie - or even quotes) and get back a great piece with all sorts of randomness!

I’m sure some of the challenge is knowing the swappers will commit. it would suck if 6 people did it, and the 7th stalled and never sent. boooooooo

1 Like

This random embroidery swap sounds AMAZING!!! I would be the first to sign up if we had one.

3 Likes

@MightyMitochondria I just don’t know how you would ensure people sent on time, over multiple dates. and there is always the cost of multiple shipping payments. ALTHOUGH, if it’s just a piece of fabric, they can be folded to go inside a flat envelope. And I like the idea of there being 7ish swappers. But you would really have to make sure they were solid swappers.

Each one could be 2 weeks. One week to make, and one week to ship to the next person. And if you know who are signed up, you could plan out a route to ship them to the closest location.

The first one each person stitches, and sends on, is NOT the one they end up with/keep. But is just the starting point, and then rotates forward.

OMG. why am i making myself crazy over this. I can just see how it was done before.

2 Likes

I have a couple of books from Asheville that I have been slllloooooowwwwllllyyy adding to. They are supposed to get send on to the next crafter, then the next, then the next, and when ready be returned to their originator. This is totally a private swap though because there is no timeline. I imagine tea towels would be an interesting one to arrange since they would all be getting sent here and there all over the place instead of from one single point of origin to the next. It could end up completely chaotic. There would have to be a LOT of trust and stick-toitiveness.

2 Likes

It could be the full set with each person, I guess. But that still leaves them all in one final location.

Also, your personal swap sounds delicious!