CLOSED - Thing-A-Day February 2024

Done. This took 2 days but DONE!

11 Likes

Day 4: Finished that seam-ripper project: turning a too-small bat “onesie” into a hoodie.

BatHoodie

I had taken measurements, consulted the fitting chart, etc. multiple times and determined that my instinct was incorrect and a medium was the right size. Should’ve trusted my intuition! And since this was a Sept purchase for a December gift, it was too late to exchange. TheMisterT suggested that a hoodie would be a great fix. So I cut it off at hoodie length, removed and moved the pockets up, and added ribbing from stash. I was not ready to deal with replacing the zipper, so what we have here is a 7/8 zip pullover! Oy. Maybe some day I will add to the top of the pants part. Right now I want to never sew black polar fleece again.

15 Likes

2/4: A patchwork of previous cards’ scraps and then one where I just used a card-sized bit of magazine page.

12 Likes

The other day, I went to render a drawing and found two of my Copics were bone dry. So, this morning I tested all of them. I had a few more that were dry and several that could use refills. I couldnt afford to get refills for all of them, but i made a list and ordered about 12 colors.

8 Likes

I sandwiched two quilts, ironed one UFO quilt project and tried to figure out how I’m going to salvage it, and sorted through the blocks for one more UFO quilt project. I hope to be able to find the time to square up the blocks for that UFO this week, but this week will be busy. Hopefully laying it all out will motivate me to craft, even if it’s just for half an hour.

7 Likes

Everyone is rocking February so far. Great momentum.

Todays progress:

I’d hoped to finish it today but will likely be working on the top rib tomorrow.

14 Likes

Envelopes I made from Feb 1st until today; more still to come by evening’s end.

The 2024 wall calendars were 75% off at the pharmacy near my house. I already had too many wall calendars, but I couldn’t pass these up for envelope-making:)

11 Likes

Beautiful, what yarn are you using?

6 Likes

Ooh, maybe I need to go calendar shopping! I hadn’t expected them to be on clearance this early, although I guess that’s based on one time ~10 years ago when I found some in March.

5 Likes

This one.

I got it to make a shawl but wasn’t feeling that project. The yarn likes to unravel into a fuzzy flat line and I keep splitting it with my needles, but it is working up nice in spite of that!

4 Likes

I bought some of that yarn from Michael’s after using this yarn from Hobbii, thinking it might be the same but it’s a cheaper quality and unravelled too much.

5 Likes

Day 4 - After starting and ripping apart my new hat several times, I think this is what I’ll do.
It’s a new stitch to me, called the Linked Double Crochet …

10 Likes

My thing today wasn’t photogenic, just standing at the easel making some marks with different pencils to see how they felt, the marks I could make, etc.

8 Likes

My thing today was around an hour of drawing practice - with lots of chatting - at the local art group.

15 Likes

Wow, you can really feel the texture. I like that you have the value scale at the top, such a good visual reference. I’m curious about the bottom part of your scale, did you blend it? I love that you found a local art group, that’s on my list of things to seek out this year.

I’m going to try really hard to not be too embarrassed when I post my picture today from my beginning drawing class. Hopefully we aren’t drawing a pear :joy::heart:

8 Likes

Ooo! Is that the Hobbii yarn you linked? It looks so nice.

4 Likes

Yes, it’s very soft and doesn’t unravel or split.

4 Likes

Today is running-errands-in-the-city day. I hope that I can work on the project I am in the middle of - the next step isoine that must be followed by the following step to help ensure it will work well.

4 Likes

Still working on family Valentines- hope to finish up and ship today. This is yesterday‘s progress, that I forgot to host.

13 Likes

That is cute!

3 Likes